• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Shadowfax isn't eating. U/D Fully recovered. :)

Vegan_Bunny

Warren Veteran
She did this exactly 2 weeks ago today. We had a massive thunderstorm on the Saturday and she was fine on the night, eating, playing etc, but the next day refused to eat. We had a massive thunderstorm last night, as well as a ton of fireworks going off. She was fine last night, but this morning wasn't interested in her pellets or hay. :cry:

I have given her tum a feel (much to the protest of Shadowfax) and it feels lumpy, I can feel food and pockets of gas. She has had some metacam and I've put her in a dog crate in the conservatory with the radio on (it's very windy here and I thought it might spook her) so I can observe her. She ate 1 strand of grass and explored the crate, but it now just laying in her carry case looking sorry for herself. :(

Last time it took her a few hours to perk up, just as my Mam was about to take her to the vets (I was away in Glasgow at the time), she suddenly jumped up and ate everything in front of her.

Can I have some vibes, please?

Last edited:
Vibes for Shadowfax.

We had fireworks here last night and two of my three bunnies were outside. Even though they were covered up so they couldn't see the flashes and hear as much of the loud bangs, by looking at their poos I could tell they weren't very happy :( They ate their pellets and hay, but I could tell they had been quite stressed and didn't enjoy last night very much.

The indoor one was fine, so it was obviously the fireworks. Not amused with my neighbours for not letting us know :evil::roll:

Thank you so much everybody.

We had a massive display of fireworks last night, in hindsight, I should have closed the blinds (even if they were at risk of being chewed) and put the radio on. I checked on the buns frequently and all were eating, but when I went to bed (about 2am lol) I noticed there were a lot of large, wet poos. Xena has been having a problem with this recently (I'm certain Xena is the one that produces them) and I have been wondering if it's stress related, I suppose it must be. Xena is a little quiet today too, but she ate her pellets and a fenugreek crunchie, so I'm not overly worried about her.

I do hope that it was just the thunderstorm/fireworks that has stressed the buns out. Shadowfax is now sat in the litter tray and has eaten another few strands of grass. Both Xena and Shadowfax are quite stressy bunnies, Fiver couldn't give a hoot about anything. :roll:

sorry to hear that :( when jasper stopped eating i gave him a dose of gripe water every couple of hours and he soon started eating again, might be worth trying? :wave:

sorry to hear that :( when jasper stopped eating i gave him a dose of gripe water every couple of hours and he soon started eating again, might be worth trying? :wave:

Yes, I'm going to get some when I can. I am so worried. Fiver stopped eating a few weeks ago, then a few days later Shadowfax did the same, and now Shadowfax again, along with Xena's on going poo problems. :cry: I feel I'm doing something wrong. Are they maybe unhappy about being in a trio? I wish they could tell me what is wrong. :cry:

Just seeing this and sending happy appetite vibes for Shadowfax. xxxx
I think infacol is recommended for gas, but don't know the dosage offhand.

Topping up the vibes, hope she's ok really soon

Just to add :evil::censored: fireworks, they cause so many problems to animals :cry:

Just wanted to add my ((vibes)) for Shadowfax.xxx c'mon gorgeous girly, you needs to eat some noms.xxx

Vegan_Bunny, I really hope she starts eating soon... It's so stressful when they stop... I don't think you're doing anything wrong. You're always so "in tune" with what your bunnies need. :D I would prob link it to the fireworks etc. I hope she starts eating soon. (((Hugs)))

Sending my vibes for Shadowfax - must be something in the air, as Rolo is off colour too x

How is he feeling today? I saw your thread, and just want to add some more vibes for him. Rolo is such a handsome little lad.

Well, my parents came in and went and got her some bramble leaves, which she has eaten, not with gusto, but she did eat them. My Mam looked after her last time she was off colour and bramble leaves is what kick started her. :lol: I have my parents well trained. :thumb:

I also syringed some water into her before she ate the leaves. I had an epic battle with her to get just half a syringe worth or fluids into her, then she sulked in the litter tray. I offered her the syringe again and she licked the water out of it...so why the battle before!? :roll: :lol:

I am more worried that if she doesn't eat and drink soon, the food in her guts will dry out and cause a blockage. I could feel lumps of food in her guts, as I mentioned, and I think the main thing is getting her to drink as much as poss. The bramble leaves will also help her tummy.

Aw I really hope she starts eating again soon.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2

Right just been everywhere trying to find gripe water. :roll: I would have thought everywhere did it, but I had to go to Wilkos to get some.

I have done a search for dosage and I'm thinking that I should give her between 2-4ml of it every 6 hours? She weighs just over 2kgs, I think.

Still had absolutely no poos. She will only eat when I hand feed her, and her stomach feels rock hard. :cry: I'm starting to get very worried now.

Sending more vibes for Shadowfax - bunnies are such a worry sometimes aren't they?

Rolo is a little brighter this afternoon, he had some mashed pellets this morning and he then ate some ordinary pellets but he will only eat if we hand feed him! At least I've seen some poops now so what's gone in has also come out!

I think if he is like this tomorrow, we'll have to pay the vet another visit, I'm starting to think it might be his teeth :(

Anyway, hope your little one perks up soon xxx

hope she picks up soon, have you got any meds like emeprid or zantac in? mabel was like that the other weekend, but I diagnosed her with cystitis which our vet then confirmed, id e very worried about the rock hard belly feel as that's how mabel felt and she cried out when I tried to massage her

many vibes c

Back