• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Flying with rabbits

moonturtle

Warren Scout
Hi all,

Some things are happening here (won't go into details,) but I am thinking of leaving Korea for the States in March when this contract is over. Of course, Bojangles will be coming with me. My question is, has anyone ever flown with a rabbit before and if so, how traumatic is it on the bunny? Most airlines won't let you fly with bunny in the cabin, so she will have to be cargo. I have spoken to a highly recommended pet currier agency here and they have taken rabbits to Korea, Japan, England, Canada, and the States. I am just worried about her. Please share your stories if possible. Thanks.

i would imagine it would be seriously stressful for a little rabbit to be honest :shock: make sure you check if there are any restrictions for you taking animals into the USA too

Personally I would search for an airline who will allow your bunny in cabin. They can't take the stress of cargo. There has to be someone who will allow it.
I have to move back to the states next year and either my three are flying in cabin no matter the cost or we'll drive them down to the ferry. I realize it's farther ftom Korea than Alaska but I'd guess an airline like American would let you take Bojangles in cabin. :)
Good luck! :)

I looked into it a bit (there was a visa scare in September and I thought I was going to have to leave the country quickly and was looking into what to do with Bo.) The only airlines that fly to the States from Korea that would allow animals are United and Delta. That would be no issue, the problem? Part of the contract the school have with ESL teachers is they pay for their airfare to and from their home countries. Many times this involves flying them economy on the cheapest flight they can find (luckily I always had a good flight to and from Korea.) I talked to this company called First Class Pet here in Korea and they sent me testimonials of customers who have flown their rabbits to other countries. This is not certain yet; like I said some things have been happening and I am considering going back home, I may not. I refuse to abandon Bo to another owner. I am her third owner and I promised her I would be her last. It is expensive to fly Bo home; the company said it would be over a thousand dollars. I am just wondering if anyone has flown with a rabbit and how they fared. No matter what, Bojangles stays with me. I promised her she would never be abandoned again.

Back