• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Tonic is still so edgy around us!!!

moi

Mama Doe
We've had him since march, he will eat pellets out of my hand but thats as far as it goes. If you go to stroke him he will leg it, and then will give up on the pellets as he thinks you will try to stroke him again. If he joins us in the living room as soon as we move slightly he legs it into his room. It just makes me sad :(

Peggy doesnt like being held but will enjoy a head rub, and the outdoor buns love a head rub also. But Tonic just does not and will not trust us x

I think some buns are like this.
Biffy is quite shy and we've had him just over a year. Certain noises make him run to his bed/behind his castle. Where as Bramble is fine.
He doesn't mind stroking now, but he still gets nervous. The bedroom is the only room he'll let us give him a big fuss.
He has started to come up on the bed now like Bramble, and comes over to you if you're sat on the floor and gives you kisses.
I'm sure Tonic will get better with time :wave:

I think some buns are like this.
Biffy is quite shy and we've had him just over a year. Certain noises make him run to his bed/behind his castle. Where as Bramble is fine.
He doesn't mind stroking now, but he still gets nervous. The bedroom is the only room he'll let us give him a big fuss.
He has started to come up on the bed now like Bramble, and comes over to you if you're sat on the floor and gives you kisses.
I'm sure Tonic will get better with time :wave:

I hope so x

buttons is now about 18 months old (we have had her since she was very young), she hates being held but she has recently started tolerating head rubs and strokes :) it takes time! x

My Thor was a real sweetie when he was a baby. Then the dreaded hormones hit... Then we had a nightmare few weeks when he was poorly and needed hands on care. Then he got better and a week or two later we had him neutered he did himself a mischief that night and then needed lots of hands on post op care and some time at the vets being monitored. :(

Since then (over a year ago now!) he is neurotic. Handling him is impossible and so I only do so when needed (vet visits, nail clipping and health checks) he is scared of his own shadow and dependant on his wifey bun :( he will run over to see you, trip you up and beg for food... But if he thinks you want to touch him he is gone. If you make him jump he panics, I can sometimes give him nose rubs and that is lovely though.

He is a happy little chappy as long as the humans do what we are meant to do... ie clean out litter tray, provide food and leave :lol:

Love him though :love::love::love:

All mine loathe being stroked except Frosty (x). They like to see whats going on but even pellets and fenugreek crunchies dont tempt them to come over to me in case I touch them :lol: I love to watch them though.

Back