• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do you trim your bunnys nails?

Yep I do it about 1x month and also brush them and with our lionhead I have to give him slight hair cuts around his bum and eyes as the fur on his bum gets matted and the eyebrows get so long he cant see. He is sporting a trendy fringe atm :0 I usually hold them and my partner does the snipping as they dont like being picked up very much .

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I do it, whenever they look long. Maybe a few times a year. My buns now live in a shed with a concrete floor so I shouldn't have to do it as much in future! If you take a bunny to my vet they charge £12 plus £27 consultation fee :shock::shock::shock:

We are getting the vet to do them next month when 3 of them go to their vaccinations (will total £21 for the 3 :lol:) but our vet is going to order a pair of clippers from their supplier as I can't find any that don't bend the claws :roll: the ones our vet has are brilliant so I want some :lol:

With the outdoor rabbits and their soon to be paved run areas, I'm hoping they won't need doing as regularly as they are massive pains in the bum :lol:

Mine are on concrete, which helps. Vet did give both of them a bit of a trim when they had their boosters last year.

The vet cut Bunchkin's when he was neutered (late September) and I thought they should be done again so I took him in on Thursday and the vet said they were fine! She cut maybe two of them and hardly took any off as they weren't far past the quick.

I find it surprising that some bunnies have them done every month - Bunchkin is a house bun on wooden floors so it's not like his get worn down from running :?

I do mine once a month because I dont cut them right down to the quick everytime I just keep them tidy. Plus I like to check them over everywhere and do the brushing etc. Sometimes not all their nails need it but sometimes they do .

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I do flo's every couple of months, usually when they've grown enough to have an actual point to the tip. tried to do marleys a few days ago, got 2 done and was rewarded with teeth sunk into my finger....haven't tried again yet lol

I have mine done at the vets, its too much of a battle for me to do it. Buster will let the vet do it and wont move (prob as he is scared) Alfie scrambled up me in the vets and she had to do them with him in my arms which was a bit embarrassing as he was sat on my boob! All three of us was poked and prodded at the vets last week ha :D

Flymo's have never needed doing - but he gets outdoor time on a variety of surfaces and digs. I asked the vet to do Rosie's when she got here as they were quite long.

Back