• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fireworks and flooring

Good3030

New Kit
Hi all, couple of questions my bunnies are now happily settled in had them 2 months both now neutered after discovering both boys vet did them straight away to stop any fighting and fingers crossed so far do good. Anyway they have their hutch inside of a 12x4 avairy that they have access to all day and then I lock them in hutch overnight. The flooring in the avairy is 3rd pebble and the rest grass Ginger is not a digger but Bramble has taken to digging to get under the hutch thinking if raising the hutch so he can get under without digging but thinking maybe need to rethink the surface of the whole avairy any ideas? The boys love coming inside at tea time for a run around the kitchen and to give the dog a cuddle, just wondering if I should keep them in a small indoor hutch I bought for when they were neutered over next few nights with fireworks or if rabbits are ok with fireworks? These are my first 2 bunnies.

Most rabbits seem to get on fine with the fireworks. Maybe observe them for a little while when they are going off and provide somewhere for them to hide just incase - you could even put a blanket or rug over the hutch to block out some noise, but they will probably be fine.

In terms of a new surface for the run you could either use paving slabs or put mesh under the turf so that they cannot dig out - they would be able to have 24 hour access to it then if it is predator proof.

If you think they need a softer surface than the slabs you could use stable mats over the top.

They would definately need mesh to stop preditors digging in and them digging out. Its incredible how fast rabbits (and foxes) can dig!

Back