• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Banished bunnies (and a nightmare day!)

Summer&Skye

Mama Doe
Here's a photo I took earlier of Summer and Skye who've been banished to their run while I refurb their hutch... :shock: Why did I start this today?!

AFB9A839-4FE6-4D48-BE66-43DFC2DCD0F2-20735-00000B1CBCAE8310_zps27908590.jpg

I had planned to remove the divider, repaint the interior and sort out their new litter tray and bed box, in an attempt to encourage them only to use one litter tray and not just pee everywhere :roll: Heidi and Dash's hutch seems a much better layout so I wanted to recreate it in Summer and Skye's as much as poss. So today I was up early as my dog was booked in for a dental, weather looked fine so I thought great I'll make a start... The preparation took much longer than expected - cleaning all the gunk out of the nooks and crannies and removing the divider... But once I'd done that I had to paint or else it would just get wee everywhere again so I did the first coat as quick as I could, getting rained on, standing in a mud bath and just generally not having a good time :( Then the heavens decided to REALLY open! So I shut the doors and covered up, thought right at least the first coat can dry. Then I had to pick up my dog so did a quick tidy of all the tools etc I had out and went to get my dog. Now the weather has brightened up a bit but the hutch IS NOT DRYING!! I'm really panicking because they need to go back in tonight, I've covered their run with tarp so they r sheltered but I feel so mean. I've just perched my hair dryer up in the hutch to try and get it to dry a bit quicker! I think one coat is going to have to do and I'll just have to hope they do keep to their litter tray so I can easily clean and slap another coat on when we get some decent weather! The floor isn't too bad (which is most important) as it was already painted but the walls weren't (don't know why I didn't bother at the time!) so they look a mess with only one coat! Grrrr I wish I'd never started! And to top it off I have 'lady pains' too :oops: :lol: Fingers crossed the hutch will be safe for them. Sorry for the long moan...! :roll:

Well, the banished bunnies look quite relaxed with the situation. Personally, I would never dare pick up a paint brush at that certain time of the month. An angry woman in possession of a tin of paint, it's never ended well :lol::lol::lol:

Well, the banished bunnies look quite relaxed with the situation. Personally, I would never dare pick up a paint brush at that certain time of the month. An angry woman in possession of a tin of paint, it's never ended well :lol::lol::lol:

:lol: Thankfully the hair dryer trick worked a treat :thumb: The bunnies were more miffed when I let them back in and everything had changed :lol: Summer caused a blockage in the pipe for a while refusing to step into the hutch, poor Skye must have been stuck behind her :lol: As soon as I closed up the hutch and left them to it tho I heard crunching pellets and they were both nibbling away, don't think they knew whether to explore or eat!

Glad to hear it all worked out and the happy buns are nomming away back in their hutch :)

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Tapatalk 2

I've seen Summer in the bed box today so I'm glad they're using it, at least I know they have somewhere cosy to keep warm and hide from firework noise aswell :?

I know they have somewhere cosy to keep warm and hide from firework noise

Storm and Mallow are house bunnies but still like somewhere to hide from the noise. They have to make do with a large cardboard box. They'd think Summer & Skye's bed box quite a luxury :)

Storm and Mallow are house bunnies but still like somewhere to hide from the noise. They have to make do with a large cardboard box. They'd think Summer & Skye's bed box quite a luxury :)

At the moment it's Summers sulking box :lol: This morning I was pleased to c them say on top of the box until Summer jumped down, stomped at me and went in the box! She soon came out for breakfast tho! She hates change bless her.

Back