• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Carriers for a giant and large bunny are dog crates any good?

andy5898

Warren Scout
With a bit of luck my giant bunny is coming home with a new husbun this weekend. It seems to be going well touch wood so far. The person who is bonding them has made my day by (fingers crossed) succeeding when we were all a bit sceptical if it would work or not. As my giant bun she is 7 and has always been on her own as she use to beat other bunnies up plus numerous other reasons. Anyway it would seem like old age has mellowed her and she has decided to find love is a good thing!

She has been bonded with a largeish bunny but obviously the thing is how to bring them both back to their love nest now. I have a indoor cage which I was going to use but unless I am to strap it to the roof of the car I think it could be a struggle it fitting!

I was thinking a dog crate instead for the 2 of them to travel back in and just wondered what others thought or if there are any big carriers out there, Maisie is about 2ft when she stretches out so has to be biggish. Maisie is off to the vets next week for her vaccinations which obviously her new husbun (fingers crossed) will be going with her for moral support so ideally I'd like something I can carry into the vets.

Too say I am excited about bringing Maisie home with a new husbun is a bit of an understatement even my 18 month old daughter has been wondering where her Maisie has gone. Its fine having the 5 other bunnies still at home but Maisie lets her cuddle her! With a bit of luck and a lot of work from Alice Maisie has to be a good story for a happily ever after book, she was rescued by Alice about 3 years ago with her son and daughter who have both passed away now, she moved in with me when she was 4 and now at the very young age of 7 she looks like she has found love. I love a good happy ending :)

Sorry about going on but as I say I am after advice on dog crates for bunnies!

Cheers:D

I have a ferplast atlas mini which comfortably fit my three in when I had them all (two small/medium buns and one small frenchie)
here it is with rambo in to give you an idea of size (she's a small/medium bun)
carrier.jpg

Obviously you wouldn't want to go shutting them in it for extended periods of time, but I imagine as a carrier it would work quite well for a couple of giants? We found it much easier to get our buns in to it than a normal carrier as well.

Aww, how sweet that she has finally found love.:love:
We use a dog crate for our two Contis, although it is very heavy with both of them in it and I have to say I struggle on vet visits. I have been looking out for a Ferplast Atlas 50 which I saw recommended on here, which can be wheeled, and if I see a 2ndhand one near me I'm going to grab it.

Back