• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Odd house rabbit questions

Willowsmum

Mama Doe
As many of you know willow is indoors at the moment (in bedroom) and will be for the winter at least.
I have two questions...........

1) do you still out your rabbits outside for exercise if it's not too cold??

2) how do you Hoover?:shock: I've hoovered downstairs,but I'm worried about hoovering the landing because of the noise, but I'm gonna have to Hoover at some point :oops:

As many of you know willow is indoors at the moment (in bedroom) and will be for the winter at least.
I have two questions...........

1) do you still out your rabbits outside for exercise if it's not too cold??

2) how do you Hoover?:shock: I've hoovered downstairs,but I'm worried about hoovering the landing because of the noise, but I'm gonna have to Hoover at some point :oops:

You mean the noise of hoover scaring him? The hoovers never bothered my buns x

Mine don't like going outside, their outside is downstairs when I let them out of bunny jail! I just hoover around them, Alfie runs away from it and Buster isn't bothered really he will sometimes chase the hose and he quite likes the warm air out the back

Mine are not massive Hoover fans they thump a lot when it comes out! I pop them in a carry case and put them in the other room for 10 minutes while I Hoover.

charlie tries to sniff the nozzle when i hoover :shock: he is deaf so he isnt worried - Honey hides under my desk but is fine after

I wouldnt put indoor bunnies out to exercise this time of year.

If you give them a safe hidey hole they should be ok with the hoover :)

i have sometimes left the back door open while im in the garden so they can go out if they want but they usually go out for 20 mins and then stay inside- they are truly pampered and know it!!!:lol:

Charlie will not go outside at all, so no mine don't go out :lol: I just hoover, they get over it! It was harder when they were totally free range but they have a base now so they get shut in there while hoovers on.

Charlie will not go outside at all, so no mine don't go out :lol: I just hoover, they get over it! It was harder when they were totally free range but they have a base now so they get shut in there while hoovers on.

haha i once opened the door and Honey stopped, looked up as if to say ' your kidding right' ,then turned and ran upstairs :lol:

haha i once opened the door and Honey stopped, looked up as if to say ' your kidding right' ,then turned and ran upstairs :lol:

I tried to introduce Charlie to it when he was young, but if I put him outside he either hides behind Milly or hides behind my legs :roll: He fails as a rabbit

Doughnut follows me around when I'm hoovering, well maybe I should say just as much as normal since she follows me everywhere! She likes the hoover and thinks it's a game.

She goes outside in her metal enclosure on the grass in the spring when the weather is nicer. I wouldn't put her out now but she loves it outside and often sits in the conservatory looking out. There again she may be admiring herself in the glass but I always think she wants to go out and play.

In the spring I put her out only for short periods though since she has to get used to the grass again and it is very rich then.

Doughnut follows me around when I'm hoovering, well maybe I should say just as much as normal since she follows me everywhere! She likes the hoover and thinks it's a game.

She goes outside in her metal enclosure on the grass in the spring when the weather is nicer. I wouldn't put her out now but she loves it outside and often sits in the conservatory looking out. There again she may be admiring herself in the glass but I always think she wants to go out and play.

In the spring I put her out only for short periods though since she has to get used to the grass again and it is very rich then.

:lol:admiring herself..........and why not she is so pretty ;)

Thanks everyone, I did t wonder how to get around it:lol:
Willows bedroom can be swept, and I can keep the door closed when I Hoover the landing and other bedrooms so he won't see it. :thumb:

Hugh HATES the hoover, so he goes and has a lie down in his hutch till it's all over. Meg also goes into the hutch, but she just sits there looking at me like 'move faster woman I want to come back out and play now' the whole time. Hugh flops under his hidey bit so he's obviously not stressed about it, he's just pouting.

I'd give it a short trial! Only way to see how they react is to try it once. If it stresses Willow you can keep her away from it but if she's fine with it maybe you won't always have to sweep around her :thumb:

:lol:admiring herself..........and why not she is so pretty ;)

She jumps up at her reflection and knocks into the glass, not sure if she thinks it's another bunny!

Doughnut isn't scared of noises but smells she definitely is. I remember when I cleaned the parquet flooring in the lounge/dining room where she is and she was stamping and stayed in her hutch for 2 hours. She would go to the edge and peak out but wouldn't get on the floor. I have the same trouble when I was her fleeces and vet beds she is scared of them.

She jumps up at her reflection and knocks into the glass, not sure if she thinks it's another bunny!

Doughnut isn't scared of noises but smells she definitely is. I remember when I cleaned the parquet flooring in the lounge/dining room where she is and she was stamping and stayed in her hutch for 2 hours. She would go to the edge and peak out but wouldn't get on the floor. I have the same trouble when I was her fleeces and vet beds she is scared of them.

Aw poor doughnut, how dare you wash her vet beds:lol:

Willow is pretty good with noises too but not sure how he will react to Hoover. But when we had that horrific thunder I got up in the night and sat in his shed (prepared to bring him in) in my dressing gown, he was fine, nomming away on hay :roll:

I think he will be fine then. The fireworks don't bother her either. Maybe put it on downstairs and see how he is upstairs and just get nearer.

Berry runs and hides when I hoover as does Blossom. I feel confident to hoover knowing that they wont come out and chew the wire mid hoover. Mr Bramble on the other hand is a different matter. He races from wherever he is to find the hoover then procedes to box it and jump all over it. He is quite agressive with it and has been known to charge at Blossom pushing him away. I do believe he is protecting Blossom from it and then starts attacking it .It is very funny watching him but it does mean that he needs closer supervisoin from chewing the wires.

Big vibes for Bramble tomorrow folks please as he has to have a dental for the first time. Bloss had yet another one this week and all 3 had vaccinations and now Brambles dental is another expense as well as the continued worry about the procedure and recovery!! xx

Back