• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Would This be Possible ?

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
OK, well silly me had a look on Gumtree today. I have tried to avoid all the Freead sites as it just depresses me. What possessed me to look today I dont know

Anyway, would it be possible to place a 'Rabbit Welfare' notice on these sites, giving information about appropriate accommodation and feeding ?
Most of the Gumtree ads show Rabbits shut in tiny cages/hutches with a huge bowl of Wagg muesli and a water bottle.

What do you think ?

I think you would be able to put it up as an advert yourself - but I think it would need renewing regularly to keep it near the top.

You could contact administrators for the sites and ask if they could put up a guide but I think the best bet would be to put an advert with the information on - I doubt they would take it down.

If they really wanted to they could, I know preloved have a section on rehoming and animal welfare - I don't know how good it is but any site could replicate that.

ETA just looked and preloved have a link to the RSPCA rabbit care sheet and also a guest post from the RWAF

I rarely go on them but in the past have seen welfare adverts. Also there has recently been something about welfare and posting free ads but I can't remember what it is but the RWAF are involved. I am sure there is a thread on it somewhere :?

Back