• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

penning next to each other

Newzealandwhites

Alpha Buck
So what I though was a female I discovered is a male so I have 1 neutered male and 1 intact male who is getting neutered next Friday, I have them penned next to each other as I want to bond them. Is it ok to have them penned like this when they are both boys ?

Last edited:
If they both seem happy, eating well etc then it will be ok. Having said that you can't always tell how the bunnies are feeling.

I'm always careful about this as find that if they get upset living like this then it's much harder to bond whent he time comes.

Don't let them get to close though or you might end up with damaged noses, etc.

the first day he unneutered one tried to bite the other though the bars, since then they seam to be leaving each other alone. there is more poos on the floor off the unneutered male than before apart from that they don't really seam bothered, would it be for the best to move on of the pens into a different room until they are ready to be bonded.

Back