• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

keeping the bunnies warm

Alison Marie

Wise Old Thumper
What do you use? Ive been using lots of straw and hay but they keep dumping it all on the floor! :shock: i know they havw fur and will have each other to cuddle up to but i still worry, they were indoors last year

I worry too, but i guess us humans do go a bit overboard with our efforts sometimes. Bunnies like the cold and although i have put straw down and they have a blanket they tend to just flop on the lino. :?
As long as it is there if they need it then they should be fine :D

Not a lot tbh :lol: Anything I do give them gets dug up and pushed into a corner so it's out of their way. I put a litter tray and loads of hay in their house thing, worked fine for a day, they loved it. But I went in yesterday and there was just newspaper and hay everywhere.. :lol:

Donny and Lola tend to sit on the top of their table and snuggle, although I'm going to buy them a small hutch that I can cover up and line with hay, then it won't go everywhere :twisted: :lol: It's just a matter of finding one.. Then Charlie can have their house for in her run, will probably pack that with blankets, she's not a chewer, she gets very comfortable in them!

I put a small hutch for the quad to snuggle in. Frosty and Tessie like sitting on it and they all like to SQUEEZE under it to investigate but no snuggling in it that I have seen!!!

My 3 have two hutch bedrooms to choose from full of nice fresh straw :D a bunny house kennel thing full of hay :D they sit on top:roll: both hutches have wind/weather proof covers and they sit in the open air run:roll:

I'm sure they do it just to wind me up:lol:

I do find them in the bottom of the two tier hutch sometimes if it's really windy;)

I got a little hutch for £7 on ebay that I'm going to put in the shed so that Willow and Nettle can ignore it. I'm looking out for another one for the aviary so that they can ignore that one too and lie on the cold hard flagstones instead.

Mine have side tables as a second level in their shed covered with a rug, and the other night when the security light came on - I can see into their shed from my bedroom window - they were just huddled on top of there.

They do have a hidy box, bed and trays full of hay/straw though but who knows if they actually use them at night :lol:

They seem fine to me at the moment, once temps really drop then the snugglesafes will be brought out!

Back