• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Feeling conned buying treatment supplies

shelley

Mama Doe
Ive been buying my needles and syringes for Busters Penicillin (for snuffles) from the vets for almost a year, i never thought i could buy them online and thus never looked but ive been trying to cut cost recently and have just bought 100 needles and syringes online (from a reputable site) for £11. I normally pay £28 per month at the vets! So ive been paying £84 every 3 months when i could of been paying £11 :evil: So just a notice really for everyone else who's having to buy this sort of thing and hasnt thought of looking past their vets because for someone else that money could be the difference of being able to keep their pet in difficult times!

Ive been buying my needles and syringes for Busters Penicillin (for snuffles) from the vets for almost a year, i never thought i could buy them online and thus never looked but ive been trying to cut cost recently and have just bought 100 needles and syringes online (from a reputable site) for £11. I normally pay £28 per month at the vets! So ive been paying £84 every 3 months when i could of been paying £11 :evil: So just a notice really for everyone else who's having to buy this sort of thing and hasnt thought of looking past their vets because for someone else that money could be the difference of being able to keep their pet in difficult times!

You can also buy medication online if you obtain a prescription from your Vet. This is useful for those with a Rabbit on longterm treatment :)

Blimey what a huge price difference :shock:

Dog metacam in a 180ml bottle costs around £60-70 from a vet.... Viovet sells it at less than £25 :shock:

The thing is for short courses and one off treatments I don't mind so much. It's simpler to get it at the vet and treatment can start immediately. But for long term stuff looking online could save you a fortune!!!

Its mad, sad thing is people often have to give up their pets because of the cost of long term treatment. Looking after Buster has on occasions financially crippled especially when the insurance don't pay out of they give me half back when im expecting a full reimbursement. It really does pay to look online

Back