• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Jessica is a boy !

Newzealandwhites

Alpha Buck
Ok when I asked about bonding in my last post, Which I thank you, I though I just better check to make sure that Jessica was a girl as I have only picked her up a few times as she doesn't like it so I manage with out lifting, but she is due to get spayed next Friday as I believed she was a girl, when she was young I had a quick peak and well I must not of done it right as of tonight is has a penis and ball sacks :shock: there doesn't appear to be any balls in the sacks but I have read they can draw them back up, When I took her for her injections they also said she was a girl, It was a different vet I saw today who saw Archie the rescue I have, So now im a little in shock, Please don't slate me for thinking he was a she, Please tell can I still bond two neutered males, If not I will move one of the pens to a back sitting room and they can live apart.

I'm no expert as I only have male/female pairs, but I'm sure I have read on here lots of times of people who have male/male pairs and have said they have really close bonds too. Naturally it all depends on the two buns involved, but I think it's very possible.
And don't blame yourself for thinking he was a she, I wouldn't even attempt to try, and your vet got it wrong too!:lol:
Now then... Jessica will require a new name yes?

I have trio of boys all very much in love :oops:

The vet thought one of my boys was a girl up to the day they went for the op then hey presto by the way you have 2 boys :lol:, and £20 cheaper too:lol:

Yep male/male bonds can and do happen. I find them generally easier than male/female bonds.

Just make sure that you leave enough time for hormones to settle before you bond them.

Ah don't feel silly, I'm not even sure I know what breeds/mixes my buns are, never mind knowing if they were boys or girls! If someone hadn't told me I'd be none the wiser!:lol:
Have you thought of any names, or are you still just in shock?

I don't know what his name should be now, He is a shy boy, he is just getting used to us but he doesn't like to much of a fuss, he isn't aggressive just like to have a hop around but not a cuddler. Think I will just drop the Jessica because his second name is Forest, would someone be able to tell me if the set up for bonding two males ie the cages next to each other is the same as a male and a female.

Last edited:
Back