• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

You guys are going to love Dottys new collar

Georgeypudding

Wise Old Thumper
I found a new craft shop in my local town center and stumbled across this pretty ribbon :love:

1391982_10152330006120558_1968189019_n.jpg

1378558_10152330006775558_1043720327_n.jpg

1381894_10152330007600558_696796528_n.jpg

I couldn't resist it when I saw it, I think the lady thought I was joking about not being able to resist anything bunny print until I handed over my debit card which has a picture of Sebastian on it :oops::lol:

That is brilliant. Love the debit card with Sebastain on. Want my lot on mine ...

Oooo, I reeeeeeally do love it... Wish I was more clever with fabrics etc... I could buy some bunny ribbon... But I wouldn't know what to do... :lol:

Awwww! :) Too cute! We don't get any designs like that here. All our collars are peppered with snowflakes and geometric shapes and whatnot. Yawn!

ETA: Just reread your last post to see you made that? :shock: That's fantastic! How did you do that? :D

Last edited:
Oh thats brilliant! :thumb:

Burt is very jealous :lol:

You actually sewed this on yourself??:shock:

Last edited:
Awwww! :) Too cute! We don't get any designs like that here. All our collars are peppered with snowflakes and geometric shapes and whatnot. Yawn!

ETA: Just reread your last post to see you made that? :shock: That's fantastic! How did you do that? :D

Oh thats brilliant! :thumb:

Burt is very jealous :lol:

You actually sewed this on yourself??:shock:

I did yes, it's incredibly easy just zoom up and down on my sewing machine. The hardest part is probably adding the slider thing that makes the collar adjustable I have to have a collar in front of me to copy from or it goes wrong :lol:
People keep asking me to make them collars so I'm considering starting to sell them, RU will be the first to know if I do decide to go ahead ;)

I did yes, it's incredibly easy just zoom up and down on my sewing machine. The hardest part is probably adding the slider thing that makes the collar adjustable I have to have a collar in front of me to copy from or it goes wrong :lol:
People keep asking me to make them collars so I'm considering starting to sell them, RU will be the first to know if I do decide to go ahead ;)

Georgie! You really should!:thumb: and in response to its easy.............um...........:?................I have no idea what a slider thing is :lol:, I always,always sew in wonky lines :lol: and once when I attempted to change the bobbin thingy it took me 2 hours, in the end my mum had to come around and fix the machine so I could have a lie down in a dark room :lol::lol::lol::lol::shock:

No, I think you have a talent there;)

I truly wish I could use a sewing machine but I just can't, it's like I'm allergic to it :cry:

oh dear :lol: I used to struggle but something has just clicked recently :) I need to work out all the details and decide if it's going to be possible, how it'll effect my benefits and if I can afford to start up. We'll see :)

oh dear :lol: I used to struggle but something has just clicked recently :) I need to work out all the details and decide if it's going to be possible, how it'll effect my benefits and if I can afford to start up. We'll see :)

Oh well for now then we will admire what you make for dotty until you decide:thumb:

I think it's so hard to find cute collars for dogs, there never seems to be much choice (well, the sort of thing I like anyway)

I don't know very much about benefits, I wonder if you can earn a certain amount until it's affected ?

Oh by the way....I loved your story in bunny mad magazine :thumb: I can completely understand what you were saying and how you felt too :wave:

Oh well for now then we will admire what you make for dotty until you decide:thumb:

I think it's so hard to find cute collars for dogs, there never seems to be much choice (well, the sort of thing I like anyway)

I don't know very much about benefits, I wonder if you can earn a certain amount until it's affected ?

I can, I think it's 16 hours a week and up to £99. My issue is that I wouldn't want to start anything without telling the DWP, but that may trigger a review and they may then decide to take my benefits off me without me knowing if I can actually cope with running a business. I could have a go before telling them and see whether I can cope but then I'd worry about getting in trouble :lol: I think I need to find someone to talk to and get advice, it's too complicated for my little brain :lol:

Back