• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

uodate urgent essex bun

curlyanwurly

Warren Scout
Hes home
20131030_115802_zpsd7b5dda3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
exploring his new home
20131030_120257_zps9cf092b6.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
tempory set up, this will eventually be his base with the doors left open all the gime so he can free range the hall when im out then hall and upstairs when we are in but I want him to settle first so today hes shut in
20131030_115922_zpsf07f3d4b.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
cage is roughly 4ft by 2ft which is bigger than the hutch she had him in!, the hutch was no more than 3ft long with no run and a thin layer of dirty hay thankfully it was in her garage but all her dog tried to do was get at him tge whole time we were talking
She said she had taken him to see somome and they said they couldnt do anything but I would have thought even a vet would have discussed diet etc, he had only the dirty hay he was sitting in and a large bowl of excel so I wonder if his diet is the cause of his dirty bum, im taking him to the vets friday evening as I want him to have a couple of days to settled down and also to see what his poops are like so I can show the vet
at the moment hes having a goid explore round his cage and seems lively and friendly:thumb:

Well done for rescuing him, he looks so sweet. Hopefully it is just his diet, bet he is pleased to be out of there.

What's his name?

Shevdidntbtell me and I was so distracted by the dogbtryingbto eat the poor bun I forgot to ask so my son named him Benjamin Franklin :lol: benji for short

Awe bless him :love: and well done you for saving him from what would have been a short miserable life! Good luck Benji in your new home with your new family! :D

:love::love: lucky bunny... Hey Benji :wave: you're gonna love your new life... You're safe now - Bless your cottons xx

So glad you got him out! I think she was just ridiculously clueless to be honest. When she first got him and I said to take him to a vet she said that she didn't think he needed it and was just going to take him to a dog groomers to shave the fur off :roll: So I don't think that he has been at all. I think the original damage was from being in a dirty pen, and the fact that the owner he had before the lady you collected him from, was feeding him chocolate :evil::censored:

I did also give her a big bag of hay when she first got him and told her how important that it was but she apparently didn't listen on that front either :evil:
She gleefully told me how much the dog loved all her animals (he is a husky and looked about 6 months old when she brought him to mine). She then went on to tell me that they had just got an eight week old kitten and how the dog liked to 'play' with him by picking him up in his mouth and carrying him around :censored::evil:

Brilliant name though :D And I'm sure that you will give him an amazing life that more than makes up for his first two 'owners'.

She told me she had just rescued the cat!
Well I walked in from work about 10.mins ago he hoped over to the side oc the cage where I was so I ope eg the door and gave him stroke anh licked my hand :love:. He then hoped over to his tray started munching hay:thumb: I only gave him a small amount of pellets so this could be why he is munching ex el hay but I buy bales of meadow hay so im going to mix the two to encourage him to eat the meadow Hay

Thanks folks hes unbelievably friendly for all hes been through, weve put a tempory stairgare between the conservatory and the living room for tonight as we open our door to trickmor treaters and he was in our hall andvdidnt want him being scared but hes loving hoping round the conservatory so much I might leave it this way, id really like him and harvey to be friends so benji can stay indoors but he needs to get better and be neuted first

Back