• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cats and Rabbits

Fluffs

Alpha Buck
I know quite a few people on here have cats ( :wave: ) so I ask you how you do it...:(

I know cats and rabbits are naturally predator/prey but I've seen so many friends of them and ask if there is a way that they can be bonded/trained...?
I'm NOT going to leave them together unsupervised, I just want them to know each other/get on so that I can bring Fluffy inside without having to shut Pippa outside, and barricade the door because she can open it:roll:

Both my pets are quite shy/ nervous.

Once, Pippa got in when Fluffy was in, and Fluffy ran over to see who it was. Pippa (Cat) bolted. :lol:
When they're outside (Fluffy in secure accommodation) Pippa sometimes watches her for five minutes. Fluffs just ignores her.

Sooo.... Is there a way it can be done?

I would put this in the Care, help and advice section because I would like some advice, but i'm not sure it would fit in any of them

Thanks xxx :D

Sorry I can't offer advice but would be interested to e what people say. I've been wanting to get kittens for aaaggggess but don't want it to affect the buns life. They're outdoor buns and have big shed /run set up but often let them free range in garden and not sure could dot hat if I had cats too....

I have recently got a cat (well it's my housemates) but all he has done so far is sit there and watch them! If they move too quickly he scarpers!! It totally depends on the cats. I stayed with my mum for a week with my French lops last year and her cats were curious about them but always stayed a safe distance away. It just takes time and reassurance. We stroke the cat and tell him he's a good boy whilst he is just watching them.

I have never had any problems with the cats and rabbits. One of our cats is twelve, but still very kitteny, the other cat is 19 and spends most of her day sleeping. The twelve year old likes to watch the rabbits, but when they come running over to play she's gone :lol: The twenty year old doesn't care about them at all and doesn't even look up when they come over to her. We leave them unsupervised together because there has never been any problem between them for the two years they have interacted.

Back