• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

do rabbits get paler as they get older?

biscandmatt1

Wise Old Thumper
bisc is sooooo pale in colour now. he's got so much white on him and his orange is very light now. he actually looks a bit older now. he is 7 years 4 months now. x

My 8 yr old housebun is so much paler than he was a couple of years ago. He was mid grey but now he is silver grey and the white fur from his underneath seems to be creeping round him:lol:

I used to have a rabbit that changed colour with every moult :shock: we once thought a boarding place was trying to give us back the wrong rabbit! :lol:

I know older cats can end up much paler, I would imagine rabbits could do the same.

Berry wsa black but now at the age of 8 he is quite grey. 'Distinguished' is how I think he should be called!! :)

even my mum noticed so he must be alot paler. :love:

maisie piggy used to have an all black skirt and as she has got older it has flecks on white and grey in it. :love:

Back