• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding Farore and Loki. UD p52

Hele

Warren Veteran
Farore - big black conti that apparently tried to kill her last attempted bonding buddy :shock:

Loki - small tri coloured lop who was the reason why his bond with Thor broke down

This could be interesting! :lol:

The pen set up;

null_zps4c8ec289.jpg

The first meet was a bit rough, Loki hopped over, Farore tried to hump him and Loki panicked leading to some chasing I popped a broom in between to calm them down for a second. Since then Farore has been a star, eating hay and flopping quite calmly. Every now and then she sniffs at Loki and gets ignored. If she touches him he panics and runs round and round and round the pen in fear :( but he hasn't jumped out and I know he can so it can't be that bad.

No tight circling and not even any fur pulling so I'm cautiously hopeful... Just need Loki to chill out a bit!

null_zpsfc63136b.jpg

null_zpsb2b0d332.jpg

Last edited:
Best of luck!:thumb: If it's any consolation that's about a million times better than when Samantha and Truffles met Paul.
Hope it goes really well.

Loki just jumped out of the pen and onto the mantelpiece :shock: I have him a quick check over and put him back. He does much better with me being more hands on and comforting him :lol: bless him, he can deal with the big scary bun if mummy is holding his paw!

Farore is still munching hay and being brilliant with the crazy neurotic bunny she has found herself in the pen with!

:lol::love:

They are having carrier time. Farore still just wants to be friends but Loki freaks out every time she approaches him :( in the carrier they snuggle :love:

Aaaaah, I think it's been quite a positive start :) Especially the carrier snuggling :) lovely buns!!!

Lots of luck!!!

xxx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

quite frankly i find the whole thing cruel shutting him with a rabbit that he is terrified of with no where to hide or escape to what a nightmare for him!!

they should be in a much bigger area with a somewhere he can escape to he must feel so vulnerable poor rabbit......

They are sat next to each other eating hay :love::love::love:

And Farore just humped Loki and Loki didn't freak out! :p my brave boy :love:

quite frankly i find the whole thing cruel shutting him with a rabbit that he is terrified of with no where to hide or escape to what a nightmare for him!!

they should be in a much bigger area with a somewhere he can escape to he must feel so vulnerable poor rabbit......

Oh please. Don't you go getting this thread locked too :evil:

If you can't say something nicely, perhaps refrain from commenting? People do bonding different ways, who are you to dictate how it is done. The most respectable rescues bond this way, and they do hundreds of bondings. Hele has done bonding for a rescue many times.

Hele - I'm glad it's going well :love: had my fingers crossed all day for these two

Ok, that's your opinion. Please don't call me cruel, you were not here with me and have in fact never met me! :wave:

They are currently lying down next to each other and Loki napped earlier. :love:

If you can't say something nicely, perhaps refrain from commenting? People do bonding different ways, who are you to dictate how it is done. The most respectable rescues bond this way, and they do hundreds of bondings. Hele has done bonding for a rescue many times.

Hele - I'm glad it's going well :love: had my fingers crossed all day for these two

Aww thanks Hun :love:

Blimey Farore eats a lot of hay! :shock: :love: it's looking really relaxed now. Both eating, drinking, pooping, peeing and Farore can now cuddle up with Loki without him panicking, or even blinking! :lol: I think he was just overwhelmed with her size and didn't know what to do other than run! The fact that she only wanted to cuddle escaped him :lol:

That sounds really positive. I must admit that when I first met Farore I was nervous as she is so big, but soon got used to her and am so pleased she has found her forever home and a bunny companion of her own.

Aw it sounds like it's going very well. I was nervous of Willow and Nettle too when I first met them, as they're so big and strong, and they nudge a lot, but truly they're very gentle.

Sometimes a situation can sound unkind but if you are actually there (which we are not) you can feel it and read the rabbits' body language.

When I did my (first and only, so far) bond I could soon tell when to intervene and when to let them get on with it. If I had described what was happening at times my lack of intervention may have sounded unkind.

I chose to bond six (which became a quad and a pair) in a puppy pen about 5 x 6 panels but I have read many sucessful bonds with much smaller spaces.

i am entitled to my opinion the same as you ...you mean if you won't agree with us then refrain from commenting ...its forced and its stressful for the rabbit.....that is my opinion and i am sticking to it ...and if anyone gets these threads locked when someone disagree's its you ...for rudeness...:thumb:

Ok, that's your opinion. Please don't call me cruel, you were not here with me and have in fact never met me! :wave:

They are currently lying down next to each other and Loki napped earlier. :love:

i don't need to be there the pics and your posts tell the story......the rabbit jumped out he was terrified and you gave him a cuddle and put him back in ???

slow bonds are the kindest bonds with lots of space and hiding places ...

Ok jwr if you want to think I am cruel, that is fine :lol:

Anyway on with what the thread is meant to be about!

Loki is still a bit unsure but there has been zero aggression from either rabbit and both have been completely chilled out at times. However I gave them some food a little while ago and Loki showed no fear then, happily elbowing Farore out of the way and sticking his head under hers :lol:

Oooooh yummy hay!
null_zps8b5c28d5.jpg

Back