• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Upset about bunny post on Twitter

Hesperus

Warren Veteran
I'm upset because I just looked at trending tags on Twitter and saw a photo of someone whose rabbit hutch had blown apart overnight.

They seemed to think it was funny.

Is there anything I can do? I don't have Twitter unfortunately.

*link removed*

If the link breaks the rules please remove mods.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've never been on Twitter so am clueless unfortunately. Sadly I'm not sure if that would be classed as offensive or not :(

Poor little bunny, some people don't deserve the privilege of these beautiful animals :(

He seems clueless rather than cruel. The tone of that post seems more like 'look what happened to my garden' rather than laughing about it. On the plus side the hutch and run aren't tiny, although still not as big as they could be. Maybe a RUer with twitter should tweet him a link to a good hutch company and info on why he should have a 6ft hutch?

He seems clueless rather than cruel. The tone of that post seems more like 'look what happened to my garden' rather than laughing about it. On the plus side the hutch and run aren't tiny, although still not as big as they could be. Maybe a RUer with twitter should tweet him a link to a good hutch company and info on why he should have a 6ft hutch?

I agree

I should mention, he was laughing about it, but on his Facebook (he had the Twitter linked in to Facebook).

Sounds like he is going out to buy a new hutch today, at least he is bothering :?. I bet a lot of people aren't :(

Sounds like he is going out to buy a new hutch today, at least he is bothering :?. I bet a lot of people aren't :(

I don't see how you can't buy a new one when that's happened. A real shame that so many bunnies got a raw deal last night.

I see he's edited it since this morning too obviously he realised it was very public!

I don't see how you can't buy a new one when that's happened. A real shame that so many bunnies got a raw deal last night.

I see he's edited it since this morning too obviously he realised it was very public!

It wouldn't surprise me at all if a lot of hutches and bunnies were lost last night and the owners didn;t give a flying fig :(

All of this just again points to people's attitudes to bunnies. Of course, not everyone is like that, but it's the whole 'only a rabbit' mentality.

I agree. I bet many are grateful for having a reason not to have a bunny any longer.:cry::cry:

All of this just again points to people's attitudes to bunnies. Of course, not everyone is like that, but it's the whole 'only a rabbit' mentality.

I'm trying not to think about it :cry:

I know living in Sheffield, I don't think the storm was too bad here (I live in the woods and no trees down or any damage at all) and my buns are all indoor bunnies anyway, but my ex has an outdoor bunny. Or he used to be. We haven't spoken since June, and I know my ex really loves his bunny, but he doesn't know much - he knew as much as I did when I joined this forum this summer and I thought we knew a lot and then realised we knew nothing :oops: I just really hope Sammy was ok last night as obviously I got to know him when we were together, we bought him together, he was our bunny, so I really hope he was ok. It's been preying a lot on my mind this week how Sammy was doing in the storm. But we are no longer in touch so I don't feel I just email him going "how did Sammy cope with the storm?"

I've removed the link as it's best not to single individuals out on the forum for criticism, sorry; especially as we can't moderate the comments that people then choose to make on twitter (or any other site).

Back