• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Should I shut the bunnies in the shed?

elmoandfern

Mama Doe
I'm really nervous about the storms, it's getting really windy here already. Are people with outdoor buns shutting off access to the run? I have visions of it blowing away and taking the bunnies with it :oops: it is staked into the ground and stapled to the shed but i haven't had it through a storm yet so I'm a bit scared!

I'd say if you're worried, shut them in tonight as otherwise you'll not stop worrying the whole night.
We'll be bringing Nettle and Willow in unless it seems like the storm isn't coming (as the forecase appears to be changing a bit). Honestly, we'd only just got them out of upstairs. They can't stay more than one night as my parents are coming to stay and my mum will NOT be impressed, LOL!

I'm shutting my 2 in their shed but only when it gets too dark to keep an eye them or too noisy, I have taken all (apart from 2 that are cable tied on) of the covers off their run as they were already coming off and I didn't want bricks to start breaking mesh! If it was any of the other rabbits I would leave the run door open for them, but Donny and Lola (and Charlie!) aren't very clever when it comes to bolting to a safe place when they're scared!

Ok thanks everyone I think I will definitely shut them in tonight :wave:

I wish I could bring them in but I think it would stress them out :(

Same :( and my cat is obsessed with the rabbits, she just wants to groom them and snuggle with them but they don't :lol: I don't even know where they could go either as my nan is over from Liverpool so my room is in use!

Im just south of bristol(10mins) and by the coast it is getting rather gusty, im just keeping mine as normal, no run access (they don't at night anyway) Covers down, tied down and hope for the best! setting my alarm for like 5am as the worst here is at 6am ish (unless it changes which it probably will)

I do have an emergency back up should I need to bring them in

Spoke to my OH and he is going to clear out the garage when he's home so they can go in there tonight :) (it doesn't have cars in!)

Back