• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Has the storm come to anyone yet?

tulsi

Wise Old Thumper
Its quite sunny here with occasional showers and a bit of wind. Not feeling very stormy yet so I am wondering if I should leave the rabbits outside ... will keep an eye on things and clear my bedroom ready just in case ...

How is the weather with you??? Where are your rabbits?

It is getting a bit windy here at the moment, but only a bit and it's otherwise sunny and quite pleasant. The storm isn't meant to hit until early hours of tomorrow anyway I don't think.
Nettle & Willow are outside but we plan to bring them in later. We haven't quite finished outside preps for the garden but I don't think there's a huge hurry at the moment.

We seam to be quite lucky as the storm might pass us by, its over cast and raining a little, I have just closed the windows as the wind has picked up a little

All OK in Kent but it's suppose to hit tonight and Monday morning.

Doughnut is asleep in her castle!

I took the decision that if the motorbike was going to my mums garage for safe keeping in the wind, the bunnies were coming in. But it didn't seem to be bad last night. Its sunny but windy today, and the prediction is for it to be worse tonight, so they'll be in for a few days

You know that term/saying "the silence before the storm" .. It's silent here. The wind has been picking up over the past hour but it's so quiet :shock:

We've had gale-force winds all night, about force 8. I am cleaning, feeding and securing everything that can be secured.

Ooh good luck, they did say the Isle of Wight and the south coast would bear the brunt,... Bunny paws crossed.. xxxxx

The worst stuff will hit in the early hours/rush hour tomorrow morning.

It's pretty windy here, I would say gusts up to 20-30mph maybe? Forecast to double that tomorrow morning though. My pair are coming in late this afternoon. They didn't want to run around the garden at all this morning and I had to carry Pat from her run to the kitchen for breakfast as she refused to leave the open gate :roll: so I think the noise of it all is getting to them.

It's windy as hell here, but sunny with the odd shower of rain.

My buns are looking a bit spooked, so closed my window fully and gave them some readigrass as a treat. I hope they don't get too stressed out. So glad they are indoor buns!

No wind, sunshine & short showers here. Weather coming from SW as usual.
It hammered down rain at about 4.30 am. for 1/2 hour. The old sewer system took it fine - no over spill in my garden folks. Phew :D:D:D:D:D

I am in Dorset and we have pretty strong winds. Just had some really heavy rain too.
Not very nice!

One of my rabbits is inside. He was getting so freaked out by the winds, anything that moved by his cage, he would run away and hide in his bedroom area. He was proper freaking out.
He is inside now temporarily and this is his setup:
2dieq6x.jpg

My other rabbit is still pretty chilled-not many things bother her. I just moved her cage to a more sheltered part of the garden.

It is getting very very windy down on the South coast now!!! I'm just south of Chichester (between Portsmouth and Brighton) so should be a little shletered by IOW but strong winds here already and big gusts. I have been out and tried to move anything that might blow around the garden. We made a new shed door yesterday but I have also just created a rabbit room inside and turned off the heating so that I can bring the bunnies in tonight... I was aiming to leave them out there as long as possible but it is getting more and more violent already so might just give up and go and get them! They'll hate it but at least I'll know they'll be safe.

It's very windy and wet here in Dublin.when I was emptying the litter box in the bin this morning a big gust of wind came and blew half the contents over the wall into our neighbors garden. Oops :/

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Tapatalk 2

Oooh, thanks for posting that pic Crunchie :D

It's pretty windy here now, have tidied away everything in the garden that could get blown away, and just hoping it doesn't get too bad.

Back