• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Neighbours cat has taken a shine to garden ... Help

BeeBee

Mama Doe
Hi :wave:

I don't post much on here but wondered if someone could help or advise ...

Bee lives outdoors in a purpose built shed, garden is bunny proofed and there is a penned off area round his shed. He has supervised free range.

A few months back one of the neighbours cats started visiting, pooping and it's presence bothered bee. I kept going it out and shooing it off and after a week it got the message and doesn't come back.

We have the same problem with another neighbours 2 cats which started end of last week. One has been in the garden all day today apart from about an hour or so. Bee is getting really stressed by it hasn't been able to come out today as I can't get the cat to leave the garden. When I do it just comes back in over the fence or wall.

I'm tearing my hair out as hate restricting bee and knowing he isn't happy. :(

Don't know how to keep the cats out so bee can free range safely again :(

Suggestions welcome ... Nothing mean though as I am a cat lover and have 2 cats .. But they live indoors for this exact reason and as the garden is bee's

Thank you for taking the time to reply Jane I do appreciate it. Thinking of you and sending love your way x

Do they come in a particular way, and if so can you block their route? Since we changed round our garden and blocked holes at the bottom of fences etc we have very few cat visits and we used to have quite a lot. I know of course that they can get on the fences but in our garden with 6 ft fences they don't seem to bother if they've been used to a different way. We just have one corner of garden left to block and I hope it will stop the one remaining cat from coming in (and the bunnies from going out!).
If that fails I'd go the water pistol route to encourage them to stop coming.

Back