• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Gale force winds &outdoor buns: I'm worried!

kt6382

Warren Scout
Relevant to anyone with outdoor buns... What are you planning to do Sunday/Monday with this huge storm forecast? I'm down on the south coast &they're saying its going to be as bad as 1987 (I was only a kid then but remember it being pretty huge!)
My buns live outside in a shed with two runs attached. I'm worried something will happen to the shed...last autumn our other shed roof blew right off!!:( the buns shed is in a more sheltered position but i'mstill nervous.
Do I bring them inside for a couple of days? Although I know they won't be keen.. They are proper outdoor buns &inside is boring for them!! No grass!!! But it would prob put my mind at rest.

What are other people with outdoor buns thinking of doing?

There's another thread about the storm running where people are saying what they are doing.

I have an indoor bun but others are bringing their bunnies in. x

I think I'm going to bring one pair in on Sunday night whilst I'm asleep (if I can) then in the morning I will decide whether they are better off out or in through the day. Keep an eye on the forecast because it can change a lot and will be more accurate the closer we get

I am considering bringing all mine in to the house tomorrow in time for the big storm. For my peace of mind as much as anything else.

I've reinforced my outdoor set up, but will be bringing the buns in anyway, as we have huge trees in our garden, and I'm worried one may fall.

I've got six outside - a quad and a pair - and have nowhere to put them indoors as no room is bunny proof. Four of them are in hutches between my house and my neighbours (terraced) so it is very sheltered. I sleep just above them so I will be able to hear if there is a problem.

They probably wouldn't be much safer indoors as I noticed yesterday part of the artex on the ceiling in one of my bedrooms is coming down. Have had a leak for years but can't afford to get it fixed:(

I brought ours in, we have a pop up puppy pen so they go into that as the rooms aren't bunny proof, so they have everything they would normally outside; litter tray, hay rack etc

I'm letting mine stay out. It's already pretty windy here though. :shock:

They have the option of going in their shed but they never seem to bother, they seem to spend all the time in their run. If they were that bothered I'm sure they would go in!

All in now. Puppy pens x two in a cleared out bedroom. No sign of any wind or rain yet.

Pretty windy down here on the south coast but not gale force I don't think.. Rain starting too... I'm reluctant to bring my boys in as they' ll hate it but have room ready and expecting the early hours of the morning to be bad so will have to get them. Leaving them out as long as I can !!

Batten down the hatches everyone!

Back