• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I think my rabbits have a new favourite toy -

catpud

Warren Scout
It's fairly dry outside at the moment and we had a huge cardboard box from a delivery. I decided to put it in their run stuffed with hay and dried herbs. Turns out that to the rabbits the best most fun thing in the world has just landed in their run.

I really wish my camera was working so I could get some videos. They have been doing super fast running dashes around it, digging like crazy in it, jumping on top of it, chasing each other around it (in a playful way not the nipping territorial way) and there have been so many binkies in the last half hour it is unbelievable - meanwhile I am looking at them laughing my head off at what a few moments ago was to me "just a box" :lol:

I am definitely saving them all in the future. No commercial toy has ever made them this happy, will definitely be looking at more homemade toy ideas.

I am guessing it is because it allows them to express natural behaviours (digging, jumping, hiding, chinning, scanning the area etc) so I definitely need to try and find other ways of encouraging that.

So do I, i join a couple together, making doors from one to the other, fill them with hay and newspaper, they use them as tunnels and then proceed to demolish them by chewing and digging!!

Cheap as chips and recyclable too,.. Fab!!!

Back