• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Shall I be brave and bond...

Jackaroonie

Mama Doe
.... A quad today!? :shock:

Bonding my two pairs has been something I've thought about and planned a long time ago so not just a spare of the moment thing. I've also read all the bonding stickies and the recent successful multiple bunny bond threads and it's made me feel very coragous. I broke up from college yesterday so I have 9 days off in total including the weekends so should be enough time to establish some kind of bond.

If I'm definitely going ahead with the bonding , I will be bonding them at my granny's house in her unheated spare room where I'm able to sleep right next to the bonding pen (like I did when bonding Pickle and Pixie) I am able to stay at my granny's as long as I need so if it does take a little longer than half term I can still work around it.

So the bunnies I'm hoping to bond are my male and female pair (Flopsy and Lily) they've been bonded 2 years and 2 months - Flopsy will be 7 in January (he has dental issues , arthritis and kidney disease) and Lily is just over 2 so they have a 4 year age gap.

My other pair are Pickle and Pixie (m&f) and Pickle is 2 and Pixie just turned 1 so they're both quite youthful. Pickle and Pixie have been bonded 7 months ish now.

The main reasons as to why I want a quad is for them to have the biggest possible setup as at the moment the shed is divided in half and they have an 8x4ft run attached and IMO it's just not big enough and I want them to have the whole shed setup , also it'll be easier for me to go in and out as going through the divide door is quite tricky at times. The other reason is so when Flopsy does pass (which hopefully isn't any time soon!) that lily won't be lonely and hopefully not suffer as much as a single bereaved rabbit would. It was heartbreaking seeing a lonely Pickle for nearly 2 weeks. Also Lily has never been alone for any period so I'm not too sure she would cope very well at all.

Any quad bonding tips would be great! Thanks in advance.

All the best Jack, sounds like a fab plan and i soooo look forward to seeing your gorgeous pics of your new quad!!

Fingers and bunny paws crossed

Fee x

Last edited:
I'm so sorry I never got around to bonding your quad. Life just got in the way and I am now part way through a three week training course to be a 111 call handler where I leave home at 0700 and don't get in until 1800 Monday to Friday and am working at the weekends (am at work now).

Good luck - hopefully it will all go smoothly. Sending you lots and lots of bonding vibes.

Good luck, I bonded a trio recently and it's the best thing I ever did. They are so happy together, racing each other round the garden and having 3 little faces looking out at me in the morning is the best thing ever.

Hope it goes really well. :wave:

I'm so sorry I never got around to bonding your quad. Life just got in the way and I am now part way through a three week training course to be a 111 call handler where I leave home at 0700 and don't get in until 1800 Monday to Friday and am working at the weekends (am at work now).

Good luck - hopefully it will all go smoothly. Sending you lots and lots of bonding vibes.

There's no need for you to apologise at all Rhianna , I understand how hectic life can be. I hope the training is going well for you - they certainly are some long hours! How's George and Violet doing - have they bonded yet?

Thank you for the bonding vibes - I think I'll need them!

:wave: go for it, hope your quad bond was as easy as mine was :thumb: mine are all still really loved up and they have all their run and shed now, life is so much nicer for them :love:

There's no need for you to apologise at all Rhianna , I understand how hectic life can be. I hope the training is going well for you - they certainly are some long hours! How's George and Violet doing - have they bonded yet?

Thank you for the bonding vibes - I think I'll need them!

It's the traffic that is the problem. I have to be in Otterbourne for 0830 and if I don't leave at 0700 I am late. The training is very intense and exhausting. I finish the course on Friday and am then doing a 10.5 hour shift on Saturday at another job and a 14 hour shift on Sunday at my third job.

Fortunately, George and Violet were an easy bond. George kept humping Violet but as soon as they had more space and she could hide (as Gemma used to) it was fine.

Hopefully, your bond will be an easy one too.

I slept in the room with my lot. It was great. It had its stressful moments (!) but no fighting or fur pulling, just some chasing on and off throughout. They are all happily settled in the shed now.

The two that didnt join in the bond (Mottle and Peaches) were very obviously not going to be happy with it from the word go.

You have a fantastic bond with your rabbits and I am sure you will easily 'read' them and take the necessary steps.

I often found that soft words or a calm hand on a fighty rabbit would slow things down and I soon learned when to intervene and when to leave them to it as I am sure you will.

Very good luck!

Back