• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A thread for the 'Vicious' pets of RU - all species, not just bunnies

dizzyg

Warren Veteran
I got to thinking just now that a lot of RUers have animals that were in rescues for being 'vicious' (one that springs to mind is Elsie Tanner).

I thought it might be nice to have a thread to show just how cute and lovely these creatures are, and how love and care brings out the best in them.

Over to you!

:love::love::love:

Phoebe. "Can't be handled. Aggressive." Her now occasional nibbles are completely wimpy, it's like being pinched ever so slightly!

Phoeb_zps9cfdcc11.jpg

null_zps9c72809f.jpg

Leo. Aka "Killer Bunny". 'He can't be handled. Can't be touched. He's vicious.' ...Soppiest rabbit ever!

null_zpsd069454b.jpg

null_zpsc816dcb5.jpg

Poppy, 'aggressive rabbit which attacks every time I go near her' well duh, she is an unspayed female being kept in a small hutch... Hutch aggression is not unusual, add in the fact that her eyesight is poor and her 'handling' was being grabbed with no warning in her hutch.... :evil:

She is the happiest little soul and stopped lunging within days of being brought home as a foster bun and is now completely unflappable! :lol:

(She is also a failed foster and wifey bun to my Thor :p)

39e5f0be-4422-4a57-8d13-2223da4bcd5b_zpsd83afe1e.jpg

Meggy was labelled vicious and yeah, sometimes she lunges at you but thats not her fault, she can't see properly in one eye. She loves a good fuss when in the mood for it.

32e9b31e3869ef6d18148ef629547c9e_zps9da369dd.jpg

This is Cookie. Her previous owners got rid of her because she was 'aggressive' and 'vicious'. The children couldn't handle her and so they dropped her off at the rescue. A few weeks later I picked her up and she is an absolute darling. The rescue discovered she was in quite ill health and so THAT was the explanation for her not wanting to be picked up. Sure, she isn't a cuddle bun but she's absolutely perfect anyway.

Phoebe. "Can't be handled. Aggressive." Her now occasional nibbles are completely wimpy, it's like being pinched ever so slightly!

Phoeb_zps9cfdcc11.jpg

null_zps9c72809f.jpg

Leo. Aka "Killer Bunny". 'He can't be handled. Can't be touched. He's vicious.' ...Soppiest rabbit ever!

null_zpsd069454b.jpg

null_zpsc816dcb5.jpg

Everytime I see Leo I just want to cuddle him.

Yup. All of these animals look like they will take your fingers off. ;)

They're all so lucky to have found such lovely new owners.

:love::love:

I can hardly look, all these photos are so SCARY!!

Honestly, thank goodness all these beauties got out of their old homes and ended up with proper families. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

When I first met Joshua he didn't even want me to touch him, he would box and growl whenever anybody came into his cage. I worked with him and he trusted me, after a few months he started letting me cuddle him. With everyone else he would kick and kick if they tried to pick him, but with me he would settle down and close his eyes. After he had been in the shelter for nine months, we realized that his chances of adoption were slim, the shelter staff were afraid to show him to people because of his aggression! I adopted him and the shelter was so grateful to us that they waived his adoption fee :D Since then he has blossomed into such a happy, wonderful bunny. He still grunts, but only in a cheerful talkative manner when he's about to have a treat. He lets everyone pet him now and enjoy full body rubs the most, he even let my mom cudddle him recently! When my friends come over he is much more friendly than Toshi and Paige and never runs away.

josh004_zps982a6f62.jpg

Joshua on his first night home.

caseybvoston017_zps3d6a4e01.jpg

Look at how scary he is!

1234491_626687144018866_38961014_n.jpg

This summer...

Cirrus was going to be PTS because of her behaviour, and she was dangerous on arrival.
EllenHorses315.jpg

Jasper was going to be PTS for nipping a child, he's the pointer and Corrie, the collie behind him was also advised to be PTS for starting to be aggressive.
015-1.jpg

Urchin was a feral 4 month old kitten, with a broken pelvis and a hole in his head, again recommended to be PTS. You do have to watch him, but we think he has some brain damage too.
E7D5C20B-27C1-4D38-A6C7-8AD91023FF3A-144-00000004BB2F10B6_zpse9799832.jpg

This little boy was from a rescue, he was born there and he isn't very handleable, he bit my face while I was cleaning him out, he bit my colleague at work when he as castrated and he is generally quite naughty...although you wouldn't believe it to look at him lol

576810_10152838329525088_528325820_n.jpg

Many years ago we rescued a dutch bunny, unspayed female from my employer. She was two years old and in a tiny cage with 6 inch of muck and nothing else. She was dangerous as she bit they said but it turned out the 6 kids had been poking sticks into her and she could not get away in the tiny cage.

We had her from 2 yrs old till she was pts at 9 due to uterine cancer ( I did not know about this then) and yes if you suddenly put your hand in front of her face she bit but you soon learned:lol:.

This was to her advantage one day when she was loose in my husbands workshop ( she kept him company during the day at work) and a friend walked in with a Jack Russell off the lead:shock: the dog flew at the rabbit who just sat still and when the dog skidded to a halt in front of her she leant forward and all but bit the dogs nose off.

Many years ago we rescued a dutch bunny, unspayed female from my employer. She was two years old and in a tiny cage with 6 inch of muck and nothing else. She was dangerous as she bit they said but it turned out the 6 kids had been poking sticks into her and she could not get away in the tiny cage.

We had her from 2 yrs old till she was pts at 9 due to uterine cancer ( I did not know about this then) and yes if you suddenly put your hand in front of her face she bit but you soon learned:lol:.

This was to her advantage one day when she was loose in my husbands workshop ( she kept him company during the day at work) and a friend walked in with a Jack Russell off the lead:shock: the dog flew at the rabbit who just sat still and when the dog skidded to a halt in front of her she leant forward and all but bit the dogs nose off.

I know I shouldn't laugh, but that's really quite funny!:lol: DON'T MESS WITH A BUNNEH!!:lol:

I know I shouldn't laugh, but that's really quite funny!:lol: DON'T MESS WITH A BUNNEH!!:lol:

We felt horribly guilty as he had quite a vet bill and the poor dog suffering but he admitted he should never have just walked in with a dog off the lead.

Mind you my sympathy did fizzle out when he then said that he often used the dog to go rabbiting and it would be no use anymore:evil:

That bun was frightened of nuthin!

d755e0c4b591cdba9305de0a858cb0a0_zps31b90c8f.jpg

The grey bunny... Stanleigh Rose.... My first bunny as an adult and massive learning curve of bunny care. Kept on her own in a small tank in a pet shop. My heart leapt when I saw her, and never before have I been so determined to get an animal out of a shop... I know it goes completely against how I feel now (rescue :thumb:) but she was meant to be and I'll stick by that always. Anyway, the shop assistant said that I might not want her, had to be separated as she was aggressive with other bunnies and staff feeding her... :shock:

Apart from a nip occasionally when I have to give her health checks/clip nails, she is beautiful. First one up for nose rubs and takes food from your hands. She just doesn't like her paws off the floor, and I respect that. ;)

And here is my Slipper, she actually does bite though. Beware feeding time!!!!!

And this is her idea of fun!

Note: Her escapes were jumping a 4ft fence (she's a dwarf lop! :shock:) and digging a tunnel under my wooden decking :shock:

And here is my Slipper, she actually does bite though. Beware feeding time!!!!!

And this is her idea of fun!

Note: Her escapes were jumping a 4ft fence (she's a dwarf lop! :shock:) and digging a tunnel under my wooden decking :shock:

:shock:

Ahhhhh, there you are Slipper... You's so nawty and I think mummy should invest in chain mail gloves to protect her fingers... :lol: You might get better with the nips eventually though, as I know mummy has a few plans for your set up. :D

:shock:

Ahhhhh, there you are Slipper... You's so nawty and I think mummy should invest in chain mail gloves to protect her fingers... :lol: You might get better with the nips eventually though, as I know mummy has a few plans for your set up. :D

:lol::lol::lol: How did you know that with a "viscious" thread, Slipper would pop up? Did you inspect this thread especially for her? :lol::lol::lol: Actually I've had two nights on the trot where she hasn't attacked me! Wooo party time :lol:

Everyone at work has said I should buy some gauntlets :lol: She's famous! (In a bad way? :lol:)

Back