• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

UD Sheds been flattened :( runs leaking what to do

floooble

Alpha Buck
My Buns currently live in a brick out house type shed with daily access to freedom but finally after two years the council have finally come out to look at the shed and have told me that it needs that much work done to it that they are going to knock it down instead of fixing it, now I know this sounds like the buns have been living in a dangerous place but I can reassure everyone that there in the best half of the shed (its a double).

So now my problem is I have to move them outside and I'm worried about them adapting and it being too cold for them :( if it wasn't for the other half I would just have them living in my flat even if Sparrow has chewed the leg off their hutch....

Also I'm struggling of ways to attach the run to the hutch I just know misses Houdini again Sparrow will find a way out!

If the council had just come out 2 years ago when I told them none of this would of happened and the Buns would of been fine in their house :(

sorry to ramble on just don't know what to do :(

Since this has happened I have managed to rig up a hutch (quite a big hutch but not suitable) with a run attached (Sparrow still not escaped so I have done well lol) but my problem now is that my run no matter how many layers of tarp and plastic cover I put on it just leaks and bun with wet feet are not happy buns, they make that clear when they flick water in your face!! I don't know what to do, I have had a look at plastic sheeting but it seems quite expensive and I don't get paid for ages, has anyone got any experience or ideas I can steal please

Last edited:
Would you be able to get an inexpensive garden shed?.. What a nightmare for you and the buns...

Or you could ask people on Freecycle for any unwanted blocks (they do come up quite often) and build a shed out of the blocks. It may not be as large as what they are used to but it would be cheap, and the insulation would be similar. It depends on if you have somebody with the expertise for that though.

A second option would be a wooden shed. It may be a little colder but you could get one easily - new or second hand. They are really easy to put up as well. There may be a way of heating it if you think they need to get used to the change in temperature slowly - maybe a small space heater can be used when you are around, the heat should stay in for a few hours then.

The base of the current concrete shed would be great for a shed with attached aivery run. Their hutch could go in to the shed as well. You could protect the legs with chicken wire.

Thanks guys :) at the moment it would just be doing all the work so im guessing a shed type would be for the best im sure I can manage that on my own :)

The council are useless if they had just come out 2 years ago there would be no trouble!

Tulsi - that's my goal in the end to use the sheds old concrete base and have a aviery/dog kennel type set up it's all planned in my head just need the money :)
Daft question will chicken wire be ok on the hutch? It won't hurt miss chewy will it?

Thanks guys :) at the moment it would just be doing all the work so im guessing a shed type would be for the best im sure I can manage that on my own :)

The council are useless if they had just come out 2 years ago there would be no trouble!

Tulsi - that's my goal in the end to use the sheds old concrete base and have a aviery/dog kennel type set up it's all planned in my head just need the money :)
Daft question will chicken wire be ok on the hutch? It won't hurt miss chewy will it?

Not a daft question. Thinking about it perhaps weld mesh would be better as they cant chew through it. I have meshed the inside of our rabbit shed to stop them making an unexpected exit!

Not a daft question. Thinking about it perhaps weld mesh would be better as they cant chew through it. I have meshed the inside of our rabbit shed to stop them making an unexpected exit!

Thank you :) I will get some mesh protect what's left of the hutch :D

I'll probably be selling my 4 x 4 wooden shed soon, if it would be of any use, just noticed you are in Manchester. :wave:

It's only a year old, not had any problems with it, we are just getting a bigger one. :)
It has a built in cat flap, so you could easily attach it to your run. :thumb:

IMG_4603-001.jpg

Last edited:
UD Sheds been flattened :(

Hi Guys the sheds now gone and the buns are in their hutch its big but not ideal so I have managed to attach a run to it so they can at least have space to run and play safely while I am at work, my problem now is that no matter how much I cover the run with tarp and plastic the run is still getting wet very wet and my Buns are getting soggy feet and when they flick it at you its not nice.

So I was wondering if you guys might no of a way to waterproof my run... If you guys could help me again that would be great :(

Thanks guys

I'll probably be selling my 4 x 4 wooden shed soon, if it would be of any use, just noticed you are in Manchester. :wave:

It's only a year old, not had any problems with it, we are just getting a bigger one. :)

IMG_4603-001.jpg

Hiiii :wave:

This is something I have been looking for!! How much would it be? I would have to speak to OH to see if we could manage it.

Thank you

IMG_4603-001.jpg

Hi BBB - Is that the B & Q shed?

Back