• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A Change in Mia

kazz

Alpha Buck
This past week Mia has mounted Marley quite a few times. Once first bonded it was Marley doing the humping, which stopped, as far as I saw, after the first week or so. He was the one pulling a few clumps of fur out of her.

I've come home on two occasions in the last couple of weeks to one little clump of fur and one big clump of fur - and its been Marley's.

She's obviously the bossy one now and the tables have turned, even though Marley is definitely still the more confident of them. Marley doesn't look scared or fussed when she humps him, he lets her do it for a little bit and then attempts to spin and get her off. I'm concerned about the fur pulls though. He hasn't pulled any of her fur out since the first few days of them being bonded. They're happy together, they're still laying together and eating together however I can't say I've seen much grooming recently unless thats just been a not in front of me thing.

Is this normal after they've been together a few months? Is there a chance the bond could be beginning to break? Is the hierachy just altering and she's making sure he knows by fur pulling?

Back