• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

sleep tight bengal cat - owner has been found

biscandmatt1

Wise Old Thumper
a lovely bengal female cat was found in her forever sleep yesterday in the middle of the road on our street. seems she was hit and then just left there. :(

such a young cat aswell, around two years old. sleep tight lovely girl, so sorry you were alone when you went to the bridge. :(

Last edited:
How cruel that someone just left her there, her owners are probably worried sick wondering where she is.
Rest in peace little puss x

How cruel that someone just left her there, her owners are probably worried sick wondering where she is.
Rest in peace little puss x

i know. :( we're doing our best to find the owners and so are our local vets so hopefully we can find them and they can go and collect their girl before she has to be taken to the crematorium in a weeks time. x

How wicked just leaving her in the road. RIP little one and may the people who hit her be filled with guilt.

a lovely bengal female cat was found in her forever sleep yesterday in the middle of the road on our street. seems she was hit and then just left there. :(

such a young cat aswell, around two years old. sleep tight lovely girl, so sorry you were alone when you went to the bridge. :(

This just made my belly turn!! I saw the title and thought of my little Mia cat who is also a Bengal who likes to play out. I need to go home and make sure she is OK :( and I can't because I'm stuck in work!!

Need OH to get home fast so he can tell me she's ok being her annoyingly loud self!

xx

the lady who contacted me seems to think it is likely to be her cat, who has been missing since early september. she said she had a chip but due to a wound they weren't sure if it was still in.

anyway, she's contacting the vets and will try and confirm if she is hers. i know it will be sad for this lady if the cat is hers, but at the same time at least she will have found out what happened and can cremate or bury her as she wishes.

good news. the owner of the cat has been found. she doesn't live far from us and turned up at our neighbours door crying her eyes out. she was so grateful to neighbour and my o/h for what they did to look after her and she said the cat never goes out normally but must have managed to sneak out. she was really upset though the poor woman :cry: but at least now she has been to collect her from the vets and she can say her goodbyes before cremating or burying her.

That's so sad :( but at least she can take some comfort from knowing what happened, and that your OH & neighbour were kind enough to take care of her kitty.

You have done a great job tracking down the owner, it is devastating when your pet goes missing. I think if you know they have passed away, at least you know they are at peace, it's when you don't know what happened that makes it worse. You imagine all the possible scenarios and it drives you crazy. It's always best to know what happened. It's nice to know that there are some decent people still out there. I'd like to think that more people would do the same.

i'm so glad they have been re-united. i couldn't imagine how awful it would be to lose a pet. :( i think she really appreciated us keeping the cat safe overnight because we have foxes here and that we wrapped her in a pet blanket and took her to the vets. still an awful shock for her though. :( she is so upset and angry at the driver and i don't blame her. she had not long left for the bridge when found so if they had stopped and took her to the vet then who knows what would have happened. or at least stayed with her is she wasn't going to make it. :(

Thanks for doing all you did to ensure a cat owner got some closure.
Nearly two years ago our beautiful Floyd went missing & was probably killed on a road near us.
Well people reported seeing a dead cat that looked like him there.
But someone disposed of the body & didn't contact us (he was chipped & collared).
Even today a little bit of me hopes that he is tucked up with some little old lady but I know in all likelihood he wouldn't have left his brother or us.
It is so much worse because we didn't ever find out for sure.

Thanks for doing all you did to ensure a cat owner got some closure.
Nearly two years ago our beautiful Floyd went missing & was probably killed on a road near us.
Well people reported seeing a dead cat that looked like him there.
But someone disposed of the body & didn't contact us (he was chipped & collared).
Even today a little bit of me hopes that he is tucked up with some little old lady but I know in all likelihood he wouldn't have left his brother or us.
It is so much worse because we didn't ever find out for sure.

:cry: so sorry. i know our neighbours first thought was to bury the cat :shock: but luckily o/h talked her out of it x

Back