• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Happy hutch on Preloved

Sam and Truffs

Mama Doe
Have just seen a 6' double decker Happy Hutch on Preloved near me for £35. Wondering if I should snap it up and attach it to the chicken coop. Not ideal but it would fit on the decking too ...
This way even if DH doesn't get another job for a while I've only spent £35. Am I just convincing myself?!
Also there's also the small point of fitting a 6' by 4' hutch in the car.

A six foot hutch doesn't fit in a standard Corsa, even dismantled, so you'd need a bigger car than that. :D

Or you could advertise on your local Facebay type page for a man and van? I've done that a few times to move hutches, before I bought the trailer

ETA: Where are you? Am I local enough to help?

That's very kind, I'm in Stratford upon Avon and the hutch is in Leamington Spa so rather too far for you, LOL. The nearest Hertz van hire place is about 40 mins away but doable. The hutch looks in pretty good condition. Will have to talk to DH I think (was hoping I could sneak it in without him noticing!).

That's very kind, I'm in Stratford upon Avon and the hutch is in Leamington Spa so rather too far for you, LOL. The nearest Hertz van hire place is about 40 mins away but doable. The hutch looks in pretty good condition. Will have to talk to DH I think (was hoping I could sneak it in without him noticing!).

Yep - bit too far :lol:

I hope you get something sorted :thumb:

A man with a van has quoted me £25 which is cheaper than Hertz as the minimum hire was 2 hrs. So I've contacted the seller, hope it's still available now!

If something doesn't fit in our mini van we secure it with bungy ties,might be an option instead of hiring a van? We brought a 12 ft boat home in the van and it hung out a few ft but was safe and all :)

If something doesn't fit in our mini van we secure it with bungy ties,might be an option instead of hiring a van? We brought a 12 ft boat home in the van and it hung out a few ft but was safe and all :)

No it won't fit in either way round sadly. I'd have to saw the roof off the car!:)

Back