• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

20kg Bales of Fitch

ShivyRex

Mama Doe
So I am thinking on buying a bale of Fitch bedding to try for my bunnies so couple of questions:

Where do you buy your fitch from?

Has anyone bought a 20kg bale from Amazon?

Can anyone tell me the approximate dimensions of a 20kg bale so I can get an idea of storage requirements?

Thanks

Shiv

I got mine from ebay for £15 or £15.99 including delivery.

The bale is huge. I have had to put it in our storage cupboard. Its roughly about 3 foot high and nearly as wide.

Hello can anyone tell me if this is suitable for my fluffy lionhead? I buy wood pellets atm and it costs alot as I have 3 buns and litter is changed every day. Will it get stuck to his fluff? I normally put wood pellets in trays with hay on top for munching.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

My lionhead x rabbits use it with no probs. I put newspaper, fitch, newspaper, hay. They like to dig their litter boxes but its so soft and light and doesnt tangle. They are not as fluffy as many full lionheads though.

Edt to say that all except Mottle are lionhead x.

Bought mine from Amazon :) It's huge and very heavy. Takes up most of our cupboard under the stairs. Lasts forever though!

My lionhead x rabbits use it with no probs. I put newspaper, fitch, newspaper, hay. They like to dig their litter boxes but its so soft and light and doesnt tangle. They are not as fluffy as many full lionheads though.

Edt to say that all except Mottle are lionhead x.

Thanku ...il def be trying this out when my wood pellets have run out :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Having just got some 9.5kg bales from hay for pets I now know there is no way I have enough room for 20kg fitch. Never mind, I quite like the flax I'm currently using :)

Its great for long haired buns, I use it for all my hammys aswell and prefer it over anything for my longhaired ham.

Back