• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Potential solution to N&T standing in their water bowl and knocking it over!

yaretzi

Wise Old Thumper
I found this in TKmaxx today for £2.99!

It looks really small but the bowl part is 10cm and it's much deeper than their current bowl which is just one of these http://img.dooyoo.co.uk/GB_EN/orig/0/8/0/2/2/802243.jpg

N&T often walk through their bowl :)roll:) and get water all over all their paws, and tip it up in the process. This being higher should avoid that! They don't actually pick up their bowl and throw it, so I just need it to be big enough so that they don't traipse through it!

I thought it might be useful in case anyone elses bunnies are as dim witted as mine!

I'll be putting it in the shed later, so I'll report back to see if it works.

Willow and Nettle can overturn everything EXCEPT the really heavy ceramic dog water bowls by Cash and Mason with WATER on the side. They are just too heavy for them to lift.

Edit: Do I mean Cash & Mason? Mason & Cash? Anyway, you know what I mean!

All mine have large ceramic dog bowls. The rabbit ones dont seem to hold enough water, although the guinea pigs have one!

The large ceramic dog bowls were certainly the best that I've ever tried, but unfortunately my two idiots still walked through it :shock: And then flicked all their feet for about 5 minutes, soaking everything and everyone in the vicinity :roll:! So I switched from that just because the rabbit one was smaller... with the downside that now instead of just soaking them, they also tip it and soak the floor :shock: So yeah nothing has really been ideal :lol:

The good news is that after about 2 hours, the bowl is in the same place! Woo! I'll need a few days to see if it has actually worked though...

Smudge used to do that, he eventually grew out of it fortunately. I raise theirs up slightly now with one of those saucers for under plant pots, that might've helped too.

You can just about see it in this pic...

IMG_6927_zps9ea9a197.jpg

Smudge used to do that, he eventually grew out of it fortunately. I raise theirs up slightly now with one of those saucers for under plant pots, that might've helped too.

You can just about see it in this pic...

IMG_6927_zps9ea9a197.jpg

oooo Smudge :love:

Ooh the spaniel bowl and the saucer under the bowl trick both look good!

So far so good with my new ugly yellow bowl! It's in the same place as before and still full of water so that's good. It's quite difficult to spot if it's running low on water though, so I'll have to remind myself to double check every time I go in there!

Back