• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

This is so hard to do :-(

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
I have finally forced myself to dispose of all the old enclosures/hutches (only ever used as hidey holes in enclosures), old litter trays, chewed toys etc....etc that were used before I lost so many Rabbits this year :cry:

I knew this mission would be hard, I was right :cry:

Just sat in my fully loaded for the tip car bawling my eyes out :cry:

Jane, that was incredibly, incredibly brave of you and I am very proud.

Lots and lots of hugs for you.

You're always stronger than you realise.

xxx

:cry: must be so hard, I have a fleece and blue bear like brand new, they will never be used again but because my special bun kept them in great condition, I kept them for me, I hug the fleece sometimes where he slept :cry:

mabel understands its not for her

You're braver than me. I still have Lopsie's hutch and food bowl and he died about ten years ago. :oops:

How hard for you.

I know it's on a smaller scale but I felt terrible when we took Brian and Molly's shed down. It's like you start the grieving process from the beginning again.

I find there is nothing more difficult than releasing even simple objects that once belonged to a departed animal companion. I still have Shadow's "Kong" chew toy in my curios cabinet and often fret that we buried him with his collar on...I had sworn I would take it off him because he deserved to finally be free of it.

I could not throw away his food dish. I still have it somewhere. It's just an old utility bucket but I kept it in it's spot in the kitchen for at least a year...the room didn't look right without it. I may finally be able to let it go now.

Sending strengthening and comforting vibes to you, dear friend. This is a monumental task. Bless you, I hope when it is done you can feel some peace and a sense of accomplishment. But I know there may be a lingering sense of emptiness. It does pass.
(((((((((((((((Huge hugs))))))))))))))))) xxxx

I am guilty of keeping things from past pets. Usually things that don't take up too much space.

I also had my Grampas pyjamas until the weekend when I gave them into the Charity shop. I just thought 'do I really need these to remember my Grandpa' and the answer was no :)

You are very brave to do this - especially with other worries you have - take care of yourself.

I still have Tillies stuff in the spare room - even syringes and Metacam Bottles - 'cos its got her name on it'! I am a hoarder anyway but I just cant bear ot part with her things. Silly really - but thats me!!:oops:

Definitely very hard to do. :( I still have Dusty bunny's old cuddly bunny toy. It even came with us when we moved house!

Thinking of you. It is really hard to let go of our bunnies things.
I found my bridge buns vet record card the other day when I was taking one if my other buns to the vets, it's got her microchip spare tag in it, I just popped it back in the box, I can't do anything with it yet, Coco passed away in July. I can't even bring myself to fill in and send off the notification to let them know she's gone.
You've been very strong to do this, but you've had to be very strong all year, your inner strength will see you through. sending hugs xx

Oh Jane, how difficult for you - hugs coming your way:love::love:

My mum still has Rosie's old food bowl from many years ago, she puts water in it for the birds to drink from. I have an old nightie with Minnie Mouse on that was the last Christmas present my nan ever bought me, (Christmas 1990) and I still wear it, cant bear to get rid of it.

Thats a lovely idea, to use bowls for good things. Mine just get hoarded. I may dig mine out and use them as water bowls for the birds. Tillie wouldnt be happy as she was not a 'good sharer' but hey ho! :)

Hugs Jane x

I don't think we'll be dealing with Willow's meds & packing up the nebuliser etc for a while yet. After all - a bag of saline & a bottle of depocillin are normal things to keep in a fridge aren't they??! <sniffling into my cup of tea>

Sometimes I think fostering helps us here, as trays & bowls don't belong to one particular bun or hutch - they get thoroughly disinfected in between obviously. But even though the hutches are all in use, it still feels a bit painful sometimes to look at the hutch we built for Willow & Dill when we first adopted them (now a foster hutch) and the playhouse we bought for Willow & Brownie after her headtilt (now a foster hutch).

Back