• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The bunnies new outbuilding

happysaz133

Wise Old Thumper
I've been meaning to share these pics for two weeks now, but I hadn't had any time until now! My bunnies had to move out of their wooden shed because of where it was (long story, I won't go into details), and so my Dad wanted me to rehome them. However we had an old outbuilding that has been filled with junk for the 5 years we've lived her, so I asked if they could move in there. He said they could if I cleaned it out.

Well, I was willing! It's such a great size, its secure, chewproof and surprisingly quite warm for a concrete outbuilding. It took two days to clean it, sadly I never thought to take a before shot, but this is the building. It's 18ft x 8ft long.

P1040404 by Niseag, on Flickr

All the stuff that came out of it

P1040405 by Niseag, on Flickr

Mid way through moving them in...

P1040409 by Niseag, on Flickr

P1040410 by Niseag, on Flickr

P1040411 by Niseag, on Flickr

P1040413 by Niseag, on Flickr

P1040415 by Niseag, on Flickr

Islay, Jura and Arran's side. It's a bit stained and grubby in places, but its been scrubbed and won't come clean, so I plan to paint it the next time the weather is good. Doesn't bother the bunnies!

P1040417 by Niseag, on Flickr

P1040418 by Niseag, on Flickr

P1040424 by Niseag, on Flickr

My shed signs!

P1040424 by Niseag, on Flickr

Ringo piggy in the middle

DSC_0715 by Niseag, on Flickr

DSC_0722 by Niseag, on Flickr

Looking over to Lewis and Ailsa's bit

DSC_0714 by Niseag, on Flickr

DSC_0768 by Niseag, on Flickr

This is the total shed (its about a 20 second video, so shouldn't take too long to load!)

quite a few more pics to come...

Last edited:
Looks great...I must admit I had a little snigger at 'piggy in the middle' :oops:

It will be lovely and easy to clean....you're very lucky to have such good buns...Marnie would be over the pen in a shot :roll:

If you wanted to add some insulation to the floor you could put stable matting down....would stay easy to clean then

I'm so jealous! It's always been my dream to have a farmhouse with outbuildings so I can convert one into a bunny haven! :D Edited as I forgot to say how gorgeous all your bunnies r :love: and piggies of course! :love:

Looks great...I must admit I had a little snigger at 'piggy in the middle' :oops:

It will be lovely and easy to clean....you're very lucky to have such good buns...Marnie would be over the pen in a shot :roll:

If you wanted to add some insulation to the floor you could put stable matting down....would stay easy to clean then

Me too :lol: looks great :thumb:

Wowser! How about lino on the floor? It would be so much easier to clean. I love Ringo's hutch. I recently bought such a c*** one for my lot (live and learn). They are indoors now so I'll have time to customise it before spring - or build an outbuilding (dreams).

Your rabbits are lovely. So is Ringo x

Wowser! How about lino on the floor? It would be so much easier to clean. I love Ringo's hutch. I recently bought such a c*** one for my lot (live and learn). They are indoors now so I'll have time to customise it before spring - or build an outbuilding (dreams).

Your rabbits are lovely. So is Ringo x

I was thinking about some lino or rubber matting, haven't decided yet. I actually thought fleece might be sensible, just so there's something warm for them to lie on if they wish. At the moment though, they love sitting on big hay piles I've been chucking in, they spread and sit :lol: At the moment, so far no one has jumped, but saying that, none of my buns have ever really been escapers, except Harris but I no longer have him. He would have been over, without a doubt.

And thank you :) I love Ringo's hutch too, its just a shame he's the only one in it at the moment :( I've been hunting for one for ages now and I just can't find him a buddy. I'm worried I'm not going to be able to find him one until March now as it will be too cold to put a pig into the shed soon if it doesn't have a winter coat.

Back