• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Unappreciative rabbits!

BigBunnyBenji

Mama Doe
My two bunnies can free range pretty much all day, so they get their fill of fibre through eating grass.
When it comes to night time and they go to bed, I notice that they barely touch their hay. It was just some normal supermarket hay.

So, as a treat, I bought them some super expensive Excel Timothy Hay with Marigold & Dandelion, it was really expensive from the local pet store. :roll:

Tried them on that and still they barely touch it! Spoilt little brats. :lol:

:lol: mine won't touch any hay apart from Hay for Pets Ings, and Burns green oat :wave:

My two bunnies can free range pretty much all day, so they get their fill of fibre through eating grass.
When it comes to night time and they go to bed, I notice that they barely touch their hay. It was just some normal supermarket hay.

So, as a treat, I bought them some super expensive Excel Timothy Hay with Marigold & Dandelion, it was really expensive from the local pet store. :roll:

Tried them on that and still they barely touch it! Spoilt little brats. :lol:

:lol: mine won't touch any hay apart from Hay for Pets Ings, and Burns green oat :wave:

I think I'm used to feeding Benji. He would eat ANYTHING. He used to sit for 15 minutes eating the fresh hay I put out every morning. I always find it amusing how they can tell the difference between fresh and old hay.

Rupert and April have got used to the luxury of fresh grass!

Ours buns were quite happy on Bob Martins meadow hay, until we bought them that excel timothy grass hay as a treat - now the litte :censored: won't eat anything else but the excel stuff. Grrrr!

They're so fussy arent they. In an effort to encourage more hay eating (as the grass is so wet they "freerange" on the patio and down side of house now) and as they normally nom grass all the time, I ordered some of the samples from the Hay Experts. Put some in their hay rack and their favourite sitting place and what did they do? Went and started eating the cheap supermarket hay from their litter box. Tried them on ready grass this morning though and they loved that, not a bit left when I got home from work.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

bunnies - gotta love them

Mine like to eat the old stuff I'm throwing out :roll:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

bunnies - gotta love them

Mine like to eat the old stuff I'm throwing out :roll:

Haha, yes mine will ignore the old hay in their litter tray until I tip it into a binbag to get rid of and then I can't keep them away from it! :roll:

Tinky and Bruce are the same and I blame it in the misses, we use to buy a bale of hay for around £4.50 this would last a good few months. Then as a treat they got the hay with dandelion and marigold, try and feed them the normal hay now and they just use it for bedding.

So we have moved from £4.50 every three months to at least £6 a week :shock::shock::shock::shock:

So I would agree they are unappreciative, but this is what makes them so interesting, if you told this to a non-bunny person they would think you are crazy... :D:D

Back