• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Would this carrier be suitable?

I have two mini lops going to stay at a bunny hotel from Thursday to Monday and have been trying to find a carrier for them both to fit in.

Does this one seem like a good choice for two mini lops, going from the measurements?

http://www.ferplast.com/en/shop/dogs-supplies/dog-travel/atlas-20-el

I have one at the pet shop put on reserve for me.
I estimate the journey will be about 40mins.
I'd like the carrier to be suitable for a potential hour and a half journey at christmas too.

I have read that as they'll be in there a while they'll need some space to move about..but also read its better to be fairly snug and secure in case the driver has to break hard and because buns like smaller spaces when a bit stressed out.

I would appreciate other people's views before I grab this one. Its too late for me to look for a different carrier so they'll have to go in their separate carriers otherwise, which would be a bit of a shame as they'll probably prefer being together.

I have two mini lops going to stay at a bunny hotel from Thursday to Monday and have been trying to find a carrier for them both to fit in.

Does this one seem like a good choice for two mini lops, going from the measurements?

http://www.ferplast.com/en/shop/dogs-supplies/dog-travel/atlas-20-el

I have one at the pet shop put on reserve for me.
I estimate the journey will be about 40mins.
I'd like the carrier to be suitable for a potential hour and a half journey at christmas too.

I have read that as they'll be in there a while they'll need some space to move about..but also read its better to be fairly snug and secure in case the driver has to break hard and because buns like smaller spaces when a bit stressed out.

I would appreciate other people's views before I grab this one. Its too late for me to look for a different carrier so they'll have to go in their separate carriers otherwise, which would be a bit of a shame as they'll probably prefer being together.

I use something similar for my pair Mottle and Peaches (mini lop and lionhead x). They came to me in it originally and travelled over 7 hours in there. They could lie down and move a bit. They mainly laid still though.

I have similar carrying cases for my bunnies , they will just lay down in the car I would think, its rather stressful so they will more than likely just snuggle together. If its too big they could slide about when the car moves. I use a towel in the bottom with hay on top to give them a bit of grip.:)

I actually have one of those for my giant. It looks like the same dimensions but not sure?

I don't really have to travel far to the vet so he's only in there 30 mins at most. He can move about but he is fairly snugly lying down, on a towel. The box is covered with a towel too to prevent him seeing out.

He goes into it of his own accord and will lie in there for hours (door open) if I leave it lying around.

He can't periscope in there but I don't think he'd want to either. He hates the car generally but seems to find security in his covered box. Seems to me it's a bit like a burrow.

I strap it into the front seat with the seat belt for extra security too.

The only downside is that the handle isn't strong enough to lift his weight!

Even if the journey was longer, I'd still look for a crate in which he felt safe rather than rattled about in.

When I had my Nethie and Dutch pair, they would both go in it. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Back