• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Digging box

dominoid

Warren Scout
I want to give the buns something to dig in so I got them a nice big flower pot (it's one of those wide window box type ones so they can both fit in it if they want) but what should I put in it for them to dig? We've got compost in the shed, plenty of hay and straw or we should be able to get some playpen sand from the garden centre nearby. What's the best to use?

I think a few people on the forum use either dirt or sand.

I have yet to do this myself, I think I might wait until Summer though. Hope it goes well!!

Last edited:
I change mine over, I use compost, children's play sand, sawdust, snow!;)

But willow has a quick dig then uses it for a litter tray :roll:

I use topsoil in mine. They dont use it as a toilet fortunately. When I had Will and Poppy they seldom dug in it, just lay in it. Then when Poppy died and Will as on his own for 2 weeks he just flopped in it - it was very hot then so I dont know if it was cool or if it smelt of Poppy, so I used to put frozen ceramic tiles under it. Now I have Nancy as Will's friend it gets dug and dirt flung everywhere regularly!! I know its what they're supposed to do, but why oh why is it always on a day like today when everything gets soaked and needs a good clean:evil:

My Willow loves digging in her fleece, she digs at it for hours, it usually ends up in the water bowl!!!!

Back