• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bit unexpected, but I'm getting another bun....

moi

Mama Doe
A family memeber contacted me today. A member of her family has an incurable illness and is struggling to care for her bunny. I said I would take it in. Bit nervous as I haven't much funds at the mo but I can't turn them down as they have tried all the rescues etc. They have offered to pay for the neutering for the bun which is good :)

Oh wow.. Good for you helping out. :thumb:
More bunny details please and we will need pics... ;):lol:

I don't know much yet, only that its male. My Uncle is going to drop the bun off in a couple of weeks. Hope bun will be ok as its about a 90 minute journey x

I don't know much yet, only that its male. My Uncle is going to drop the bun off in a couple of weeks. Hope bun will be ok as its about a 90 minute journey x

Ooooooh, keep us updated on how things are going. I'm not sure about how well bunnies travel... Stating the obvious but I guess it varies... If the crate comes out, Reggie is eager and actually seems to enjoy the car ride to vets (he's so like a dog! :lol:) but Phoebe seemed panicked by the 25 mins in car when I took her in... All you can do is advise on best travel conditions for him etc. really hope all goes well... I'm also sorry for the family member who is poorly... Must be difficult. x

Ooooooh, keep us updated on how things are going. I'm not sure about how well bunnies travel... Stating the obvious but I guess it varies... If the crate comes out, Reggie is eager and actually seems to enjoy the car ride to vets (he's so like a dog! :lol:) but Phoebe seemed panicked by the 25 mins in car when I took her in... All you can do is advise on best travel conditions for him etc. really hope all goes well... I'm also sorry for the family member who is poorly... Must be difficult. x

I dont know her myself, the family member I spoke to is family through marriage so its on her side that I have not met. Very sad though x

I presume the journey will be traumatic for bun but theres no way of getting around it x

Aww well done you :love:

I wouldn't worry too much about the journey, my buns managed a 4 1/2 almost 5 hour car journey last week. I felt really mean but it had to be done, I took precautions to make sure we set of fully hydrated with full tummies to keep their guts moving and they were fine.

That's fab well done you can't wait to see pics :thumb:

I worry about rabbits doing long journeys too (we will be moving from bristol to cornwall in 6 months!) but then I remember a few months ago a massive rescue of ex breeding and show stock came all the way down from Scotland to bristol and all were fine! That's a really long way! It gives me hope for journeys, hope it will for you too :thumb:

Im sure the journey will be just fine, my uncle is bringing him here so I shall tell him to drive carefully :)
Not sure where to keep bun, hes an indoor bun... would it be too cold to change him to outdoor or best to wait till the warmer months x

Back