• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ikea purchases for the buns.

luna

Mama Doe
On Friday I went off to Ikea in search of a new hay rack for the buns because the plastic bag holder was annoying me and well lets just say I didn't come home with a hay rack, instead I got kinda lost in the kids section and eventually made it out with the following little pressies for the buns :

download11_zpsae9096e4.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Breakfast in bed for the love-buns, you can't beat pellets and a cup of tea on a Sunday morning :lol:

download10_zpsfa3e49dd.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I just love this one of Bobby, look at that face :love::love::love:

download12_zpsc0941a87.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

download13_zps21a6af9b.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

So all in all they got the ikea dolls bed, two stuffed toys, stacking cups (which they love to knock down and throw all over the place), a water hyacinth mat which they love to chew and destroy and I already had the little ikea tea cups and the carrot is Rosie's favourite stuffed toy. Its her "pet carrot" and she loves licking him. Bobby gets jealous when she is giving her pet carrot some loving coz he grabs him and throws him aside and then sticks his head down and demands licks. Silly Bobby !:roll:

Last edited:
I love the bed and the stuffed animals. Paige has a panda she likes, but Toshi often gets jealous of it :roll:

I've never thought of getting my two a stuffed toy each, tbh I think Levi would destroy it...plus they have each other and are outdoor bunnies, so I just thought it would get wet and dirty...do other people give their outdoor buns soft toys? I love the idea of the cups though, and the bed is just too cute!

So glad you've posted this, I've always wanted one of these bed for my two, never known where to get them form... Tbh I thought people were making them themselves :oops: but now I know they're from ikea I googled them and found a second hand one on sale on eBay just around the corner from me :D thanks!! :p

So glad you've posted this, I've always wanted one of these bed for my two, never known where to get them form... Tbh I thought people were making them themselves :oops: but now I know they're from ikea I googled them and found a second hand one on sale on eBay just around the corner from me :D thanks!! :p

Thats great, love a bargain. I hope your bunnies like it ;)

Can I ask what the container for the pellets is and where it's from. It's a perfect size.

The tray is part of a trio of pots for growing herbs in. I am not using the pots anymore so decided to use the tray for their pellets so they are nice and spread out and the bunnies could stop head butting each other out of the way :roll:

2013-09-16125551_zps348aa014.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

They can be bought in most good garden centres :)

Thanks to everyone for your lovely comments and I can't wait to see pics of all your Ikea dolls beds when you get them too :wave:

That bed is gorgeous! What are the tea-cups made of - do you leave them with the buns or were they just for the photo shoot? I think I might need to get one of those beds for my toddler daughter and one for my bunny!

I tried to give my bun soft toys to play with and snuggle when I first got her, but she got very angry and destroyed them all in a real temper.......it was a bit scary :( She does throw the kid's soft toys around that she finds on the floor, but if I place anything like that in her "base" (a large dog crate) she gets very cross!

That bed is gorgeous! What are the tea-cups made of - do you leave them with the buns or were they just for the photo shoot? I think I might need to get one of those beds for my toddler daughter and one for my bunny!

I tried to give my bun soft toys to play with and snuggle when I first got her, but she got very angry and destroyed them all in a real temper.......it was a bit scary :( She does throw the kid's soft toys around that she finds on the floor, but if I place anything like that in her "base" (a large dog crate) she gets very cross!

My friend has a rabbit who does the same. She does not tolerate soft toys in her cage but she will lick them when they are outside. I don't know, it could be a territorial type behaviour? The tea cups were only for the photo shoot. They have a dual purpose, I bought the set from Ikea to use the tall cups as egg cups and also as measuring cups for the buns pellets and I have the little tea cups as ornaments in my kitchen. I just love them !!!:love: Here is a link:

http://www.ikea.com/ie/en/catalog/products/90130163/

Back