• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Grrrrr.....HAY!

Sam and Truffs

Mama Doe
As if it's not bad enough being spread all over my living room floor, DH and I have just transferred two bales from the garage (ooh good we can open the chest freezer again now) to the rabbit shed, and now I can barely breathe. Thank goodness for anti-histamines is all I can say.

As if it's not bad enough being spread all over my living room floor, DH and I have just transferred two bales from the garage (ooh good we can open the chest freezer again now) to the rabbit shed, and now I can barely breathe. Thank goodness for anti-histamines is all I can say.

Try living in a house full of it !! :lol:

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaachoooooooo !!

I don't think I could. Am quite allergic to it. My arms are covered in hives now from carrying the bales, even though I was wearing a jumper. The piriton is kicking in though.

I am allergic to some hays, this batch in particular !! It is the itchy hives that I find to be the worst thing. That and having bloodshot eyes so I look as though I have been on the gin !!

I find if I really rinse well the hives stop after half an hour or so but I don't like not being able to breathe properly. With the amount we have in the house just for Samantha and Truffles I can manage, but I don't think I could with all the hay that's in your house!

I do feel for you. The lovely timothy hay from timothyhay.co.uk sets me off. Runny eyes and nose, non stop sneezing and hives over hands and arms when in contact with it. Funny it's only this hay and not the Ings hay from Hayforpets.co.uk. Such a shame because the timothy hay is so gorgeous.

Back