• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

It's either commitment or just plain crazy...

Schez

Mama Doe
:shock:

I'm sat here in my bathrobe as I got completely soaked. I had managed to finish cleaning/rearranging two of my set ups, on the 3rd it completely chucked down. But I stuck it out and got it finished. I was in fits of laughter out there as it was so heavy which made it worse. Poor bunnies, they were watching as if to say... We don't understand mumma... :lol:

I swear the neighbours think I'm bonkers - I just dream of warm shed and aviary set ups...:lol:;)

When I came in, hubby took one look and fell about laughing. :shock:

Charming!

:lol:

Ha ha-lucky buns that you are so dedicated to the cause.

The other day I had a 10kg bag of hay delivered to work, I had to get it to my car, in the pouring rain (nobody offered to help) so had an umbrella in one hand and the hay in the other, I too got the giggles it seemed so ridiculous, must have looked like a mad woman walking in the pouring rain with a huge bag of hay laughing to myself :lol:

Ha ha-lucky buns that you are so dedicated to the cause.

The other day I had a 10kg bag of hay delivered to work, I had to get it to my car, in the pouring rain (nobody offered to help) so had an umbrella in one hand and the hay in the other, I too got the giggles it seemed so ridiculous, must have looked like a mad woman walking in the pouring rain with a huge bag of hay laughing to myself :lol:

I love this post... Makes for some funny imagery... :lol:

But why would nobody help? :shock:

I love your sense of humour Schez! :lol: You have such a great way of describing things too :lol: I think it's both dedication and insanity. When you think of what we do for our bunnies, and the scrapes we get into for them...:lol::oops::lol::oops::lol:

I love your sense of humour Schez! :lol: You have such a great way of describing things too :lol: I think it's both dedication and insanity. When you think of what we do for our bunnies, and the scrapes we get into for them...:lol::oops::lol::oops::lol:

:oops::D aww, thanks... I'm just glad somebody gets me and my soh... :thumb:

I was wrestling with the Rex's run and it kept getting caught on.. I dunno, whatever imaginary thing was there.. Plus, my jeans were so wet, they were falling down and I had to keep stopping to hoik them up... Thank god for the rain coat covering my rear, nobody wants to see funky snoopy pants right? :lol::oops: oh I was a right mess, and suddenly everything became hilarious... :lol:

What wasn't funny though, was the following, beautiful sunshine... Stupid weather... :lol:

:oops::D aww, thanks... I'm just glad somebody gets me and my soh... :thumb:

I was wrestling with the Rex's run and it kept getting caught on.. I dunno, whatever imaginary thing was there.. Plus, my jeans were so wet, they were falling down and I had to keep stopping to hoik them up... Thank god for the rain coat covering my rear, nobody wants to see funky snoopy pants right? :lol::oops: oh I was a right mess, and suddenly everything became hilarious... :lol:

What wasn't funny though, was the following, beautiful sunshine... Stupid weather... :lol:

Oh dear, that's sods law isn't it :lol: luckily I haven't had anything like that, closest I got was running around my garden at my old house in just my dressing gown after Slipper jumped the wall separating the patio and the grass bit which was not bunny proofed so she could have gotten anywhere. It's always Slipper isn't it :roll::lol:

Oh dear, that's sods law isn't it :lol: luckily I haven't had anything like that, closest I got was running around my garden at my old house in just my dressing gown after Slipper jumped the wall separating the patio and the grass bit which was not bunny proofed so she could have gotten anywhere. It's always Slipper isn't it :roll::lol:

:shock::lol::lol:

Oh Slipper.. I knows yous a bit norty... And you likes mumma's fingers too much, but I would so love to meet you. :love:

:shock::lol::lol:

Oh Slipper.. I knows yous a bit norty... And you likes mumma's fingers too much, but I would so love to meet you. :love:

If you're ever up this way, let me know & you're more than welcome to come round and be attacked too :lol: it'll give my fingers a rest, she's not fussy who she sinks her teeth into :roll: :lol: I think I should rename her Jaws! :lol:

If you're ever up this way, let me know & you're more than welcome to come round and be attacked too :lol: it'll give my fingers a rest, she's not fussy who she sinks her teeth into :roll: :lol: I think I should rename her Jaws! :lol:

Jaws is a really cool name!!!

Is there anything that seems to trigger it in particular? It must be sooooo unrelaxing for you knowing that you could randomly (if it is randomly) get bitten at any time ... mabe you could note each time it happens with a little summery of the lead up? How is his hearing/sight?

:shock:

It's all around feeding time?

Is there anything that seems to trigger it in particular? It must be sooooo unrelaxing for you knowing that you could randomly (if it is randomly) get bitten at any time ... mabe you could note each time it happens with a little summery of the lead up? How is his hearing/sight?

Yes, me going in her cage to feed her. She used to bite me collecting the bowl and then putting it back in. So I tried the scatter feeding, but she's sussed that out now too and that's how I got nibbled the other night.

I believe her hearing/sight is fine. She's never bumped into anything (accidentally) and she's super fast racing from one side of the cage to the other to bite you when feeding her. Plus I tested her hearing by sneaking up behind her and clapping and she jumped out of her skin, so she obviously heard it.

She's been neutered in the hopes this would solve it, and given a bigger cage, plenty of hay and nope. She's fine the rest of the time, I hand fed her some treats the other day and survived unscathed. I read threads on here and she sounds like she acts like an unspayed doe, but she's definitely 100% neutered male - I saw it all beforehand and I paid for a neuter this summer!

So, I'm stumped really, and yes I'm actually quite a bit scared of her now which I know won't help matters. But I'm a real pansy when it comes to pain, and have no pain tolerance at all and I find rabbit bites rather excruciating. I can't decide if hamster bites or rabbit bites are the worst and I've had a few animal bites including being hospitalised by a 12ft python bite! I really wish we could get to the bottom of this as I really don't want to spend the next 8 years being frightened of her and arguing with my OH about her, but I don't want to rehome her either. She's really pretty and I love her, but not sure how much more I can take. To add insult to injury, she behaved impeccably at bunny camp! So it's like she only does it at home :roll:

PS, sorry Schez for hijacking your thread!

Yes, me going in her cage to feed her. She used to bite me collecting the bowl and then putting it back in. So I tried the scatter feeding, but she's sussed that out now too and that's how I got nibbled the other night.

I believe her hearing/sight is fine. She's never bumped into anything (accidentally) and she's super fast racing from one side of the cage to the other to bite you when feeding her. Plus I tested her hearing by sneaking up behind her and clapping and she jumped out of her skin, so she obviously heard it.

She's been neutered in the hopes this would solve it, and given a bigger cage, plenty of hay and nope. She's fine the rest of the time, I hand fed her some treats the other day and survived unscathed. I read threads on here and she sounds like she acts like an unspayed doe, but she's definitely 100% neutered male - I saw it all beforehand and I paid for a neuter this summer!

So, I'm stumped really, and yes I'm actually quite a bit scared of her now which I know won't help matters. But I'm a real pansy when it comes to pain, and have no pain tolerance at all and I find rabbit bites rather excruciating. I can't decide if hamster bites or rabbit bites are the worst and I've had a few animal bites including being hospitalised by a 12ft python bite! I really wish we could get to the bottom of this as I really don't want to spend the next 8 years being frightened of her and arguing with my OH about her, but I don't want to rehome her either. She's really pretty and I love her, but not sure how much more I can take. To add insult to injury, she behaved impeccably at bunny camp! So it's like she only does it at home :roll:

PS, sorry Schez for hijacking your thread!

No worries... Still kinda fits in with theme commitment or crazy? :lol: you're definitely committed to Slipper... I just wish I had an answer... :? Maybe someone with some kinda clue could give you a definite answer... I'm sooooo stumped... Especially since she's been neutered etc. She sounds way territorial over her space... Maybe feed outside the cage? Then you won't have to risk your poor fingers.... :shock:

Ps. You've prob explained this to me already :oops: but what's her set up? Pics might be useful/a clue for more knowledgeable bunny people?

Last edited:
Back