• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please meet my tripod foster bunny.......

Tracy

Warren Veteran
My second tripod foster bunny this year!

This little lad was brought into Kirkby Pet Welfare by a lady who found him under a parked car. He was dragging one of his hind legs behind him.

Celia straight away suspected that his leg was broken. Xrays confirmed that the leg wasn't just broken, but crushed. :cry: The only option was amputation. He wasn't eating, so he had to spend a few days at the vets on pain relief and syringe feeds so that he was strong enough to go through the operation. The amputation went well and his recovery is going fine.

I only collected him today, so haven't got to know him properly yet, but he's a very friendly and easy to handle little bunny. He will stay with us until he has fully recovered. We have no idea of age, but he looks like a fairly old lad to me. He has slightly weepy eyes, but no nasty discharge. It could be blocked tear ducts, but that's something I'll be keeping my eye on. He's eating and pooing well.

He will be looking for a very special home when he has properly recovered. He's not yet neutered and needs to be vaccinated, this will be done once he has got over his amputation.

Mr%25203%2520Legs_01.jpg

Mr%25203%2520Legs_02.jpg

Mr%25203%2520Legs_03.jpg

Oh bless him, he looks like he just wants a nice home and to be cosy and warm. Hope he settles well what a handsome little chap :love: xxxxx

What a cutie, pleased he's safe with you.

I'm sure if I did fostering I would want to keep them all!

Thanks everyone. :wave:

He is such a quiet and gentle soul. :love: He seems to be settling in well. He's eaten his veg and most of his pellets this evening, so his appetite hasn't been affected by his move.

He is beautiful, is he looking for a home?

I will take him on and pay for his neuter and vaccination and give him a forever home

Yes, he will be looking for a home. He's just with me temporarily while he recovers from his op.

That's a wonderful offer, Theo. :love: I have to dash out now, but will pm you as soon as I'm back in.

Back