• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

its all so stressful

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
:(

Yesterday it was confirmed Geoff has coccidiosis. Not what you need when you have a house full of rabbits. Although the lab couldn't identify the exact type it seems likely it is not a highly contagious one but due to Geoff 's lowered immune system. But we have a lot of rabbits with lowered immune systems so we are taking every precaution.

We have also heard reports of pet rabbits with myxi in bedfordshire. We have five unvaccinated rabbits including Geoff. I spoke to our vet again about this yesterday and she still advised against vaccination. Saying the chances are it would make them ill and they would still get myxi anyway.

So i am walking around with this bubbling feeling of panic in my chest praying that it all passes without anything spreading through all our poorly bunnies ( which is most of them!) :(

Oh God I know how you feel as we had this back in July in 6 young males that we had neutered within days they started with diarrhea and it was horrendous, and we had to quarantine them and we lost two and worked day and night to keep the others going, we were just giving them fluids all the time to stop them dehydrating.

We had 29 rabbits and were so worried that it would spread , I was paranoid checking all the other buns to see if they were starting with diarrhea. We had the sick ones on Septrin and plenty of Dioralyte. The more fluids you can get in to them the better.

Sending Vibes and hoping Geoff will be ok xxxxxxx

As if you haven't got enough to worry about :( I do hope everybun will be ok. Sending mega vibes for them all xxx

I've never dealt with this illness, but I wanted to send some (((((((((((Huge hugs))))))))) and strengthening vibes for you, Liz. I hope everything comes out right for the bunnies. xxxx

Back