• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Smoosh bun - toy suggestions?

icklepxy

Alpha Buck
Meg is such a freak. She just LOVES tight spaces. she hunts out nooks and crannies just to try and thread herself into them. I am trying so hard to get a video of her when she stands up in one and falls over sideways. It sounds so cruel written but when she rights herself she always binkies madly so I assume she likes it too! I have made sure all the spaces in her room are either blocked or big enough she won't get stuck!

This does ocassionally result in her getting dust in her ears because she shakes her head sometimes when she pops out like she is dislodging something (she also does it when she shoves her head in hay and the hay tickles her ears) so we check them twice a week now too.

Does anyone have any suggestions for toys this crazy bun might enjoy? We tried tunnels but they aren't small enough. A small towel in the tunnel is a favorite but she pulls the towel out pretty quickly and then its dull again. Any and all suggestions greatly appreciated.

Could you make some thinner tunnels out of cardboard for her? Or out of wood? ie long box shapes.

Thats a good idea. Guess I sort of thought rabbit toy =purchase. Shows how creative I am...

*off to research chewable rabbit friendly woods..*

Not sure how small you want it but the cardboard tube inside a roll of carpet is pretty small.:wave:

Thanks iiisecondcreep thats given me another great idea! Ive only ever seen her do it against solid objects though so going to go experiment with the couch cusions first. :lol:

Back