• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How do you resist the urge to help them all?

jemjabella

Mama Doe
Since becoming more aware of the situation with rabbits and guinea pigs in rescues I am really struggling with the urge to just take in more and more. I think we could comfortably take in another pair of each but Karl isn't keen right now. I just feel so helpless.

Beginning to wonder how the rescues even do it at all... it must be so hard to know that you have a limit and that's that. :cry:

I agree. I have very recently started volunteering at a rescue and I just want to take so many home. At leaat qith the volunteering I feel like I am helping a bit. Im thinking about fostering though, as I got told its all good adopting but you only help those two rabbits. If you foster you get the opportunity to help lots of rabbits! :D

(((squeezy hugs))) It's so hard when you care so deeply about something. The more I find out, the more frustrated I get that I can't do any more... But I try and put all that extra feeling into positive and keep improving what I have for my current fury family. :thumb:

I would love to volunteer, but rescues are some travel time for us and with a busy home life I don't know if I would cope. The worst thing would be to start at a rescue but then have to pull out. If I voluteer it would have to be a commitment... The cogs are turning about the fostering though... Wonder if we could be considered later on as fosterers...

With great difficulty! I am at my limit now coping wise, not heart wise but at least I have saved some from loneliness, a filthy hutch, wrong diet, being misunderstood, treated roughly by children etc.

It is sooooo bad isnt it?

I am really tempted to have two more rabbits but ofcourse there will always be more in need than we can ever home...

Back