• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Should i or shouldn't i

foxy2279

Alpha Buck
One of my friends spotted a pair of rabbits on a free add and sent me the link. I have to say i nearly phoned there and then to get them. It's a spayed female and a un-neutered male. They are currently living in a old style poppy den. To say it looks rank is a understatement.

I was going to get them but i am trying to be logical. I can not give them the recommended space although not far off ie 5ft double hutch with a 6x4 run. I have two pairs here already. Yes i can afford the extra at a push but will be summer next year before i can upgrade them to the right size as i have just spent a fotune on the shed and runs for my four.

Any advice not sure what to do.

Do you want 2 more rabbits & can you get him neutered immediately (I imagine he'll be bothering her).

If you can answer yes, I'd go for it.

There's always gonna be rabbits that need saving. You just have to decide it you can afford, have space & want to.

If they have access to the run then that is a good amount of space, definitely a lot better than how they are being kept now.

Only do it if you can afford to but it's great for the bunnies if you can. Keep us posted.

One of my friends spotted a pair of rabbits on a free add and sent me the link. I have to say i nearly phoned there and then to get them. It's a spayed female and a un-neutered male. They are currently living in a old style poppy den. To say it looks rank is a understatement.

I was going to get them but i am trying to be logical. I can not give them the recommended space although not far off ie 5ft double hutch with a 6x4 run. I have two pairs here already. Yes i can afford the extra at a push but will be summer next year before i can upgrade them to the right size as i have just spent a fotune on the shed and runs for my four.

Any advice not sure what to do.

If your set up is bigger (and cleaner :lol:) than what they're currently in, and you have the money and space in your heart for 2 more buns, then why not!

Saves someone uneducated getting them and thinking bunnies are ok to be kept in minging conditions :(

Completely up to you, if you decide against, maybe ask if someone else on here has room for them? :D

Let us know!

Last edited:
I've sat here nodding my agreement... :lol: So I should actually post that I agree with the points in chloeturner's post :thumb::D

I have called the owner. Someone is coming tomorrow. I have said if they don't turn up to call me back. They are charging for the bun's. The buns where the well loved pets but ill health has caused a decline in care and sadly the buns have been a bit neglected :?. What wasn't in the pictures was a run they have which they go in daily (planing to sell separately).

Back