• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Someone must love Coltsfoot - willow tree down near our house!

parsnipbun

Wise Old Thumper
Went for a walk along the bridlepath from our house yesterday contemplating all the willow and sloe I was going to cut this weekend for our fundraising for Coltsfoot - thought I would see how much lower growth there was on a couple of the willows . . . taking a ladder across the fields always looks suspicious:oops::oops:

About 200metres down the track saw that amazingly part of one of the old willows had cracked and a huge trunk complete with all leaves and branches was laying across the bridlepath at convenient cutting level:shock::shock::shock::shock:

Will be out there with secateurs when I get back tonight before the farmer clears it!!! Had also found an endless source of cardboard boxes earlier in the day for packagng it . . . .

someone "up there" must be watching after Coltsfoot!!!!

Brilliant!!! I love it when stuff like that happens. I have recently met a lady who is an animal lover and has horses and ... is happy to bring me bales of hay yey :D

Back