• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help quick! Need good alternative to Ings hay!

ripminnie

Wise Old Thumper
Hay for Pets are on holiday; i thought i would have enough until my next lot gets delivered next wed, but there's no way it will last until then :( i must be their best customer, i buy 7 large bags a month :oops: where can i get yummy hay quickly?

Mine usually only eat ings, but now it's timothy hay from timothyhay.co.uk :) quick delivery too. Might try dustfree hay next :D

I tried Natures Best Devonshire Meadow hay a while ago when I had run out of baled hay and needed to wait for it to be delivered

They do the equivalent to 10kg for just under £15 on pet supermarket which works out quite good value for money. The last time I got it the hay was lovely and green and the rabbits were fans. It was also quite herby, with lots of seed heads etc. I used the rest up by mixing it with bales when I got my next one.

They normally deliver pretty quick, reading reviews it seems the quality can vary between batches - some seem to have had dusty packs and the one in the picture looks brown, but I had a very good batch from them, might be worth a try even if you only get a 2kg pack to try? If your rabbits are into that kind of hay it might go down well. Here is a link

http://www.pet-supermarket.co.uk/Products/HB5121/natures-best-devon-meadow-hay

Thanks everyone, I decided to try Dust Free Hay, as my buns prefer the softer stuff, stalky doesn't go down as well... we shall see!!! :?

Back