• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What do you buy your bunnies for Christmas ?

Ive noticed all the pet shops are starting to fill up with Christmassy pet toys, do you treat your pets and buy them cards and pressies ? Do you give them an extra special Christmas dinner ?

Last year our boarding guests got dinner with all the trimmings !! (veg only no Turkey !!)

Bunnies love to unwrap tasty treats do your buns unwrap their own pressies ?

My hamster gets Christmas dinner - turkey, veggies etc. My dog gets the same, and the rabbits get some of the veg. My fish get to eat carrots and peas as well :lol:

I get them all a few presents, and they all unwrap them themselves. For the hamster and the rabbits the unwrapping is as a good of a game as playing with the toys afterwards. The dog also has a fair bit of fun unwrapping the gifts but it doesn't take him long.

I don't go overboard - it's normally a toy, some treats and something for their home comforts (a new bed, or a blanket for example)

they have to have healthy treats so things like wicker balls, wicker carrots etc, they turned their noses up at the wilkos range ones :lol:, ive got them a rosewood loofa snowman yesterday which i've put away for Christmas day
im going to see what bunnybinks toys have as they seem to like there toys too, and they are designed especially for rabbits and good quality :)

We got them a cardboard castle last year, which has lasted nearly a year but is on it's last legs.
We got them treats, willow balls, wood rollers, things like that.
They seemed to enjoy unwrapping their presents :lol:

Im getting mine some of those treats on a stick (as they never have them), and Ill put some fenugreek crunchies and pellets lose in th paper so they can have fun opening them. This is the bunnys first xmas with us :) x

Im getting mine some of those treats on a stick (as they never have them), and Ill put some fenugreek crunchies and pellets lose in th paper so they can have fun opening them. This is the bunnys first xmas with us :) x

which are these? a warning if the supreme ones, and you put in with 2 bunnies, mien started tugging at it other who it belonged to getting so excited, mabel flung herself right over a few times, I was scared she would damage or break her spine in excitement, so ended up breaking bits off for them

No, because I have enough bloomin' people to buy for as it is and if I added all my pets into that I'd be bankrupt by January.

I get them a few bits - last year I got them a jigsaw http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/small_pets/toys_transport/rabbit_toys/184326 I put herbs or pellet dust in it - Rupert is too clever and did it straight away... Tia just gets annoyed at it and chucks it or just huffs and hops away :lol: Rupert loves it tho :D

Willow toys (carrots, etc from hay experts) and a tunnel (the cardboard type ones), and then bags of herbs etc.. their first christmas i bought loads of christmas themed toys but they didn't bother with any of them.

They get to come in the house on Christmas morning to open their presents and have breakfast :love:

which are these? a warning if the supreme ones, and you put in with 2 bunnies, mien started tugging at it other who it belonged to getting so excited, mabel flung herself right over a few times, I was scared she would damage or break her spine in excitement, so ended up breaking bits off for them

Not sure which ones yet but they will have one each so hopefully they wont fall out :) x

I will be making lots of Christmas bunny treats to sell again this year, inc Christmas dinner bars :wave:

Will keep a eye out for these. Will you be doing piggie ones too?
Last year i only had two rabbits so got them loads of willow toys. They love willow stuff bonus is its good for teeth to. They also got a christmas dinner of veggies. This year i'm going to get everyone some wooden toys off a facebook page that will last a while.

Back