• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bobby and Rosie's new levels. (Pics added)

luna

Mama Doe
Hi,

For the last while I have been trying to come up with an idea for adding some more dimension to my bunnies enclosure but I kept running into problems with adding a level to the crate as it is not the biggest crate in the world and I didn't want to block off the entrance way to their cage or take away from their head space too much. Anyway I decided to scrap the idea of using wood in favour of c&c cubes and came up with the following:

I put together 4 panels and cut a carpet tile to size.

cube_zps18ddf288.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Then with the help of my husband we cable tied it to the top of the crate and also to the sides to make it really stable and that was it really. Its small but it works and they have both been up investigating:) I added some toys too !

2013-10-17093928_zps6f3244eb.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

2013-10-17101330_zpsbbddf214.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

To the other side of their home I have added a wooden shelf which they have really taken to and Bobby loves stretching out on it for his nap times.

2013-10-17094035_zpsa186e4c6.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Hope you like :wave:

What a great idea! :thumb: My bun has free roam of my room, but I put a towel on top of his cage to give him some more places to go and he sits up there all the time now. :D

Thats lovely. Want to put some shelves up in the shed. They always seem to like to be able to get up to the window and look out.

Thanks EffyDaydream, yeah I saw the pic of Gandalf on his towel.... how cute. They love to be up at a height when possible. I think its so they can keep a better eye on their humans ;)

Tulsi, how high up is your window? When I had my outdoor buns I put a lack table from Ikea in the wendy house with a litter box underneath and on top and they spent all their rainy days up in the litter box looking out their window. They loved it. It didn't involve any DIY so the table was the preferred option at the time. I put a little stool beside it so they could jump up :)

Thanks EffyDaydream, yeah I saw the pic of Gandalf on his towel.... how cute. They love to be up at a height when possible. I think its so they can keep a better eye on their humans ;)

Tulsi, how high up is your window? When I had my outdoor buns I put a lack table from Ikea in the wendy house with a litter box underneath and on top and they spent all their rainy days up in the litter box looking out their window. They loved it. It didn't involve any DIY so the table was the preferred option at the time. I put a little stool beside it so they could jump up :)

I agree! He likes his little look out post! :lol:
Awwwh, that sounds so sweet, bunnies looking out the window! :love:

Hehe... my indoor buns do the same. I have a stool by our living room window and they jump up on the widow sill every evening which is behind the couch and look out at the world going by. I guess sometimes they see things they dont like though because they come skidding out of no- where and running down the hall with a "thump, thump, thump"! Poor buns :(

Back